Canadian Money Forum banner
41 - 60 of 3646 Posts

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
As usual, you are leaving out important facts in a weak attempt to prove your point. They have Covid but the vast majority are in the hospital for something else according to Dr Fauci. They only knew that they had Covid because they were tested for it, not because they had symptoms.
... why don't you actually "read as with your eyeballs and your brain intact if you have one, and mouth shut" on the article instead of spouting your own BULLSH1T nonsense with the ... according to Dr. Fauci and your typical outright declaration of falsehoods of me leaving out the "important facts".

And now would it please you that I should point out the most "important fact" from that article:

SEATTLE -- The omicron-fueled surge that is sending COVID-19 cases rocketing in the U.S. is putting children in the hospital in record numbers, and experts lament that most of the youngsters are not vaccinated.

“It’s just so heartbreaking,” said Dr. Paul Offit, an infectious-disease expert at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. "It was hard enough last year, but now you know that you have a way to prevent all this.”
Or are you too ch1cken-sh1t to see the last part of it:

Almost 199,000 child COVID-19 cases were reported during the week of Dec. 16-23, the pediatrics group said. That was about 20% of the more than 950,000 total cases recorded that week.

While many of these children will recover at home, they may have contact with others who are at much greater risk, said Dr. Jason Terk, a pediatrician in North Texas. He cared for a 10-year-old boy with COVID-19 who managed the disease well, but his father got sick and died, he said.

“The death of a parent is devastating, but the toxic stress for a young person in this situation is difficult to measure,” he said. ———
Talk about earning title of Team-leader of the Morons-R-Us gang on CMF.

·
Registered
19,967 Posts
I said BS.......listen to what the ER docs are saying.

People would be better off not searching the internet for information to confirm their biases, especially when they don't know how to read the data anyways.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
“But the other important thing is that if you look at the children who are hospitalized, many of them are hospitalized with Covid as opposed to because of Covid,” Fauci continued, emphasis added. “And what we mean by that — if a child goes in the hospital, they automatically get tested for Covid. And they get counted as a Covid-hospitalized individual. When in fact, they may go in for a broken leg or appendicitis or something like that. So, it’s over-counting the number of children who are, quote, ‘hospitalized with Covid,’ as opposed to because of Covid.”

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
“But the other important thing is that if you look at the children who are hospitalized, many of them are hospitalized with Covid as opposed to because of Covid,” Fauci continued, emphasis added. “And what we mean by that — if a child goes in the hospital, they automatically get tested for Covid. And they get counted as a Covid-hospitalized individual. When in fact, they may go in for a broken leg or appendicitis or something like that. So, it’s over-counting the number of children who are, quote, ‘hospitalized with Covid,’ as opposed to because of Covid.”
... yeah yeah yeah.... spin spin spin. And as you were going to listen to Dr. Fauci as him being correct all along ... only to suit your BS spins.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
No, it just shows that Florida is doing objectively (excess deaths, covid deaths) better than majority of states with much less infringements on freedoms, interference in economy, and abuse of human rights than other states.
It clearly shows that restrictions are completely ineffective since states with much harsher restrictions are doing worse than Florida.

As a counterargument, we should look at Italy, France, and conclude that any restrictions, covid passports, limitations, segregations are absolutely useless and counter-effective because they are beating their records every single day by a factor close to 2?
Should we blame vaccine passports, lockdowns, restrictions for the fact that they have terrible results?
Or should we simply finally notice that vaccine passports and restrictions are useless and ineffective?

·
Registered
19,967 Posts
I provided a direct quote from Fauci and you call it BS spin. :p :p :p :p :p
Fauci lied about funding research in Wuhan to enhance the virus. He lied when it said it wasn't possible for a virus to escape the lab.

I don't put any weight on what he says, or Doctor Tam, or anyone in politics or appointed by politicians. They all have ulterior motives and political bias.

I don't care what a retired nurse who pretends to be a doctor on Youtube says either........or all the "fakes and pretenders" on Fox News.

I only care what the ER doctors and nurses are saying........that is it and that is all.

I will leave it up to others to forage through data on internet for something to support their conclusions.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
not sure what facts you are referring to. But you are definitely spinning data to justify your ideology.
Regardless how you want to qualify the deaths, the percentages are clearly higher in the US than Canada.
I only want to count actual Covid deaths. The US counts deaths with Covid as a Covid death even if they died from something else.

·
Registered
24,716 Posts
Do you guys not get the news ?
I think many people are able to stick their head in the sand, or ignore information that they don't like.

Here's what I'm seeing. Among my friends, I already know two entire families who caught covid during the Christmas break. My friend's mom is now in the ICU.

We should not be looking at the USA as a model. 0.25% of their population died from covid vs <0.10% in Canada. State of Florida is even worse.
Exactly. And the omicron infections have just started increasing exponentially in Florida. The government shows no interest in protecting the public. The US and states like Florida are a disaster. We need to look instead to countries that have done reasonably well through the pandemic, like South Korea and Taiwan.

Canada has done much better than the US at protecting our population and keeping people alive. There is nothing to admire about the US.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The government likes to pretend they can protect the public against Omicron.
They can't.
Look at New York. Look at Quebec. Look at Italy. Look at France.
Are you going to blame what happened to your family on the government?

All government can do right now is hurt people.
Unfortunately, they want to be seen as doing something, so that's precisely what they do.

US is extremely important to look at. Not because they have done well.
Because it is pretty much the only country in the world where individual States had vastly different responses. So you can compare how responses measured against each other under same CDC reporting guidelines.

·
Registered
24,716 Posts
The government likes to pretend they can protect the public against Omicron.
They can't.
Look at New York. Look at Quebec. Look at Italy. Look at France.
Sure they can. They just have to stop being stupid, and actually close down things which are posing a very high risk.

It's the reluctance to inconvenience people which has allowed omicron to spread like wildfire. We're coddling the public too much, letting them do any damned thing they want to do. Everywhere I looked in the last two weeks, I've seen packed restaurants, cafes, large groups of friends gathering, gyms open, sports events open, and of course huge amounts of travel between provinces.

The biggest failure of government was trying to pretend everything is normal and letting people have Christmas fun. They should have shut down all non-household gatherings before Christmas, but they didn't want to do this. Apparently it was more important for people to have huge Christmas gatherings -- and hopping around between parties.

Christmas and New Years = super spreader events

Now we'll pay the price.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The thing spreads across corridors in quarantine hotels. From fully vaccinated to fully vaccinated. How do you stop that?

They are being stupid, but for completely different reason than your post indicates.
Quebec has curfews, etc. Italy and France have strictest human rights abuse and segregation. They all are beating records and are beating them significantly, relentlessly, every single day

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
You're twisting the truth in every way. Quebec only brought back the curfew yesterday. I don't know the situation of all these cities today, but just about everywhere in Canada over the last ~ 2 weeks, it's been "party time" as normal.

All of it could have been avoided.
The thing spreads across corridors in quarantine hotels. From fully vaccinated to fully vaccinated. How do you stop that?

41 - 60 of 3646 Posts