Canadian Money Forum banner
441 - 460 of 3193 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
One slight difference is that obese people, smokers, drinkers, etc do no pass this to others.
Are you not familiar with 2nd and 3rd hand smoke. Try putting an obese person into a stretcher - high rate of back issues amongst paramedics! Drunk drivers, most of us know someone that has lost a friend or family member. The list goes on...

They are not simply doing harm to themselves. They are a continued burden to society in more ways than one. One could argue much more so than the small number of unvaccinated individuals.

We have issues that go far beyond COVID.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Quebec increasing their tax base.

Welcome in the group of anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, and science deniers for those with two shots 😅 😅 😅

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
So far this thread has 23 pages in the first 12 days of the year.

That suggests the thread will eventually be 700 pages long.
... I think it'll go longer or as long as the pandemic goes. Looking on the bright side, the CM"F" may win the world's record for the longest thread.

Seriously, if the thread can't handle that many pages, how about splitting it into 2 parts, like A and B?

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Quebec increasing their tax base.

Welcome in the group of anti-vaxxers, conspiracy theorists, and science deniers for those with two shots 😅 😅 😅
... hey, I thought vaxxers were already designated as the sheep people/group.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Of those hospitalized, 54 per cent were admitted seeking treatment for COVID-19, while 45 per cent were for other reasons but later tested positive for the illness, according to data from the Ministry of Health. That data does not list a breakdown for previous waves of the virus for comparison.

As of Wednesday, there are 505 people with COVID-19 in ICUs, up from 477 the day before and 288 one week ago.

Approximately 83 per cent were admitted to the ICU seeking treatment for COVID-19 and 17 per cent were admitted for other reasons but have tested positive for the illness, according to the dataset.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts

·
Registered
24,333 Posts
The EU is warning against repeated booster shots. Here's the article from Bloomberg: EU warns repeat boosters could weaken immune system

The European Medicines Agency warns that repeated boosters every 4 months could eventually weaken the immune system. "Instead, countries should leave more time between booster programs and tie them to the onset of the cold season in each hemisphere, following the blueprint set out by influenza vaccination strategies, the agency said."

There are quite a few medical experts across the country that have argued that boosters shouldn't be rushed. Bonnie Henry in BC was one of these people, and she insisted on sticking with the original 6 month interval. In fact Henry was advocating for 8 months (for healthy people). I've heard immunologists in Ontario also arguing for spacing these out and not giving boosters unnecessarily.

As we scramble to deal with these emergency situations, we have to think about the longer term. Spacing out the intervals between these shots is known to give a more robust long-term immunity.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
When I got to Florida during the last week of December, you could get N95s for $0.30. Now they’re $1.
... I mentioned "rest of the world". USA will have no problem with supplies since they're the producers and now the hoggers. Even my relatives in mid-USA are not seeing them unless they work in the hospitals (a couple of them are MDs) of which the hospitals are keeping tabs on.

In addition to the WHO, Fauci also saying everyone will get omicron soon.
... don't think so ... there'll be those who live remotely, far away from society who will be Covid-free as long as they stay that way.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Canada will allow unvaccinated Canadian truckers to cross in from the United States, reversing a decision requiring all truckers to be inoculated against the coronavirus, Canada’s border agency said on Wednesday.

Now they need to extend this glimmer of reasonableness to all Canadians.

·
Registered
9,743 Posts
Many of these lawyers will sue these cases with out retainer.
... how do you know? Are you one, one with a bleeding heart?

Even without a retainer, the standard one third contingency fee will net you what maximum payout (a BIG "IF" successful)? A few millions?

It would be interesting to see just how many CEOs are on this list of "sue for wrongful dismal due to vax mandate". LMAO.

441 - 460 of 3193 Posts