Canadian Money Forum banner
2741 - 2760 of 2900 Posts

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Sounds like you dodged a bullet there. Yeah definitely, people come to the office when sick.

If they really have to come in when sick, I'd hope they at least wear a mask as it would go a long way to protect others.

I walked into a bank in Toronto a few months ago, during one of their COVID surges. One employee (in his office, with the door open) was coughing and sounded just awful. I couldn't believe this guy would come into work like this and expose everyone else! Not a single mask on any of the employees.
... as a paying client (not customer), I would be speaking up with the manager if not the VP re that "coughing" employee. I don't care if the bank itself doesn't care about its employees being sick working but don't get the client sick.

Imagine - being a client walking into that employee's (which is usually reserved for the personal (sales) rep. aka also the personal banking "manager") and catching Covid. You pay to catch Covid. WTF.

I think part (and ALOT of that part) of the problem is the employer is 1. allowing sick employees working, and 2. not putting money where its mouth belong by NOT enforcing its own rules, and 3. really care about its employees NOT. Nothing changes - except for the worst. No wonder there's a labour shortage.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Trouble is with hourly paid work, if you don't go to work, you don't get paid. I'm sure that's why she came even though she felt terrible.
At my old shop, two people I know well (both excellent people) came to work in October 2021 sick as a dog. Both were having coughing fits, among other symptoms. Someone I know who works on that floor told me that by 9am, those two people were the only ones on the floor; everyone else went home. When someone asked one of them why they would come in so sick the reply was, "It's just a cold." :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
857 Posts
... excuse my interrupting here.

Re bolded part above - let's face it some people just don't give a sh1t about others regardless. Particularly those with MY-rights, MY-this-and-that ... the ME, MYSELF, and I ONLY as I OWN THE WORLD. I get it, selfishness is ingrained in the DNA. But the worst ones are those who downplay (and continue to do so) as Covid as "it's just a flu" or the mentality of "what pandemic?" One can't help but wonder what's their actual "intent" here? Don't think it's a good one for sure.

. .. no excuse. First, where's her mask if she's ALREADY sick. Plus can't she WAH (aka work from home SICK)? Or is she concerned that her employer don't trust her with logging in the "hours" SICK at home so she has to show to prove to her employer she's SICK as a dog and yet working ... spreading the germs to others.
Spoken just like someone who has never run a business and never will.

People like you only complain. None of you will open a business and pay people to stay home every time they get a sniffle. None of you will give a dime to a struggling parent trying to make ends meet.

Wear an N95 mask if you're still scared. Or open a business and pay your employees to stay home.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Spoken just like someone who has never run a business and never will.

People like you only complain. None of you will open a business and pay people to stay home every time they get a sniffle. None of you will give a dime to a struggling parent trying to make ends meet.

Wear an N95 mask if you're still scared. Or open a business and pay your employees to stay home.
... boo hoo, cry me a river as you ever owned a business.

Of course, you ran a business - on other people's dime and smooch smooch smooch whoever's axx pays you. And never have to complain even when a truck runs you over.

Not surprised at all considering how you "worship" your highest Messiah down south. Just like one of my former boss (btw, the axx-kissing corporate type) says, turn over, you turn over. Sit you sit. Like a nice little doggy. And never say "no" when he 'the fake boss" tells you to go jump in a lake. You just do as told, go jump into a lake. SAP.

·
Registered
857 Posts
... boo hoo, cry me a river as you ever owned a business.

Of course, you ran a business - on other people's dime and smooch smooch smooch whoever's axx pays you. And never have to complain even when a truck runs you over.

Not surprised at all considering how you "worship" your highest Messiah down south. Just like one of my former boss (btw, the axx-kissing corporate type) says, turn over, you turn over. Sit you sit. Like a nice little doggy. And never say "no" when he 'the fake boss" tells you to go jump in a lake. You just do as told, go jump into a lake. SAP.
It's interesting how anyone who disagrees with you is automatically called a Trump lover instead of what they really are...just another person who finds your comments to be either false or childish slander. Other than sags, no one thinks that you have any credibility.

You can get rid of me in 30 seconds....I'm still waiting for that list of names, but it won't happen. I guess that was just another one of your lies.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
It's interesting how anyone who disagrees with you is automatically called a Trump lover instead of what they really are...just another person who finds your comments to be either false or childish slander. Other than sags, no one thinks that you have any credibility.
... because THAT'S THE TRUTH. All your posts are pro-Dump and as mentioned before it wouldn't surprise me you're a dual citizen. And now you're embarassed being a Dump-lover... with such mighty high credibility.

You were the one who started and continuously calling anyone who didn't agree with you a liar when you're the actual one. You even go to the extent of putting them on Ignore but miraculously I never re-made it on your Ignore list. Why? 'Cause you're ALSO THE BIGGEST TROLLER HERE. I can't help it if someone thinks so highly of himself that he won't admit it. I can't twist your head.

You can get rid of me in 30 seconds..
.. why would I want to do that when it was yourself as in YOU, who said you were leaving this forum with the "I'm outta here!", only to re-appear again. Why? Did someone else bite your tongue ? Additionally, you SAID you might leave Canada all together given the stupid gun laws, no first amendment laws, etc. etc. etc. (rant rant rant). And so?

I'm still waiting for that list of names, but it won't happen.
... you can wait until the end of time and I'm not digging out that post previously where I gave a list of names. Repeat, I ain't your maid, servant or slave. You can try that with your SO.

I guess that was just another one of your lies.
... only you say so. Why don't you go and make the claim on this forum that you tell "nothing but the truth and only the truth." And see who believes your BS (aka BULLSH1T).

·
Registered
24,069 Posts
... as a paying client (not customer), I would be speaking up with the manager if not the VP re that "coughing" employee. I don't care if the bank itself doesn't care about its employees being sick working but don't get the client sick.
I considered complaining, and in hindsight I should have phoned and followed up with the boss -- it was completely unacceptable.

But at the time, I didn't want to get anywhere near their filthy, diseased bodies. So I just tried to get the hell out of their ASAP.

A situation like that (no masks, and a sick employee) showed that they had a cultural problem in that workplace.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I considered complaining, and in hindsight I should have phoned and followed up with the boss -- it was completely unacceptable.

But at the time, I didn't want to get anywhere near their filthy, diseased bodies. So I just tried to get the hell out of their ASAP.
... I would agree in trying to get out asap or make it quick. Definitely no way h/josé would I be meeting up with that coughing manager.

A situation like that (no masks, and a sick employee) showed that they had a cultural problem in that workplace.
... a "cultural problem in the workplace" is not the customer/client's problem. I feel for the employees working there and then when the problem manifests, it becomes the employees' self-doing for missing the "opportunity" to speak up. Oh well. As said, nothing changes ... except for the worst.

·
Registered
19,193 Posts
Our grandson has his Grade 8 graduation tomorrow.

They are holding it indoors and "capped" it at 250 people. I would prefer not to go, but we feel obligated to do so.

So after being as cautious as possible, we are now going to be sitting with 250 people in a closed room, with no mask restrictions or health checks.

I have to wonder.......why didn't they have it outside ? I think there is a general consensus that covid is over......and they are wrong.

Great eh ?.......no wonder covid is spreading in our city.

The local hospital has another outbreak and the ER docs are saying they have never seen it so busy and overcrowded there.

Anyone going to the ER now should plan ahead and take a couple days of food supplies with them.

Our neighbor had a major surgery for a double hernia, that involved repairing a lot of internal damage in his abdomen.

He didn't even get to stay overnight in the hospital. They turfed him out with a few pain pills and a sheet of information.

His wife says he is in extreme pain 24 hours a day and has run out of pain pills. They won't prescribe anymore and tell him to "tough it" out.

WTF........they are booting people out a few hours after major surgery to make room for more patients.

·
Registered
24,069 Posts
So after being as cautious as possible, we are now going to be sitting with 250 people in a closed room, with no mask restrictions or health checks.
Goes without saying but just to state the obvious: make sure you are wearing your best mask. Absolutely must be a KN95 / CAN95 style, or 99 level.

Try to get a good "fit" on it. As you breathe in & out you should see the fabric puff and contract a bit. If the fit seems a bit loose, one way to easily tighten it is to add one twist to each ear-loop. So take the circular ear loop and instead of putting it directly over your ear, add one twist to it, which shortens the elastic length a bit.

I would also try to minimize your talking with others. I do exactly the same things for air travel. I try to keep to myself and say, and interact, as little as possible.

Additionally, for what little good it can do, I would make sure I take vitamin C & D on that day. When you get home, I'd suggest taking a nap to try and keep the immune system as strong as possible. Basically other than your obligation to socialize, take it as easy as possible for the rest of the day. Don't get roped into additional things, tell them you're tired.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Sick people at the office was dumb before COVID.
... and now it's not just dumber but assinined. Have employers not learned anything yet? Has the provincial's Health and Occupational Safety laws not been updated? Or are those just being taken as blind-eyed?

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Our grandson has his Grade 8 graduation tomorrow.

They are holding it indoors and "capped" it at 250 people. I would prefer not to go, but we feel obligated to do so.

I have to wonder.......why didn't they have it outside ? I think there is a general consensus that covid is over......and they are wrong.

Great eh ?.......no wonder covid is spreading in our city.

The local hospital has another outbreak and the ER docs are saying they have never seen it so busy and overcrowded there.

Anyone going to the ER now should plan ahead and take a couple days of food supplies with them.

Our neighbor had a major surgery for a double hernia, that involved repairing a lot of internal damage in his abdomen.

He didn't even get to stay overnight in the hospital. They turfed him out with a few pain pills and a sheet of information.

His wife says he is in extreme pain 24 hours a day and has run out of pain pills. They won't prescribe anymore and tell him to "tough it" out.

WTF........they are booting people out a few hours after major surgery to make room for more patients.
... that's REALLY BAD ... it just isn't the pain he's gonna have to tough out as 'bad'. If that surgical area breaks or get infected, ER he goes again.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Goes without saying but just to state the obvious: make sure you are wearing your best mask. Absolutely must be a KN95 / CAN95 style, or 99 level.

Try to get a good "fit" on it. As you breathe in & out you should see the fabric puff and contract a bit. If the fit seems a bit loose, one way to easily tighten it is to add one twist to each ear-loop. So take the circular ear loop and instead of putting it directly over your ear, add one twist to it, which shortens the elastic length a bit.

I would also try to minimize your talking with others. I do exactly the same things for air travel. I try to keep to myself and say, and interact, as little as possible.

Additionally, for what little good it can do, I would make sure I take vitamin C & D on that day. When you get home, I'd suggest taking a nap to try and keep the immune system as strong as possible. Basically other than your obligation to socialize, take it as easy as possible for the rest of the day. Don't get roped into additional things, tell them you're tired.
... mask and the last sentence are the tools. Make it quick. But I suspect it'll be difficult to not socialize if there's gonna to be food or drinks around, let alone being kept masked.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just came back from a US trip. I had a booster shot in December and all my shots to that point was Moderna. I was in Costco and they were giving booster shots. I took another booster. I told the Pharmacist I would like a Pfizer shot. He said it was a good idea to mix the vaccines and I got a Pfizer booster.

·
Registered
24,069 Posts
He said it was a good idea to mix the vaccines and I got a Pfizer booster.
I agree. I'm planning to get my next booster in Aug-Sep and will be hunting around for a Pfizer, to mix with my previous Moderna shots.

Though, I think it's also healthy to space out shots in time (leave months between them) as there seems to be some belief among experts that excessively frequent vaccination does not help the immune system

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
I agree. I'm planning to get my next booster in Aug-Sep and will be hunting around for a Pfizer, to mix with my previous Moderna shots.

Though, I think it's also healthy to space out shots in time (leave months between them) as there seems to be some belief among experts that excessively frequent vaccination does not help the immune system
I'm not planning to get a booster, because I haven't seen the data that they offer a positive risk/benefit ratio.

Some data suggests overvaccination HURTS the immune system response to the target virus.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Omicron BA.5 (and, to a lesser extent, BA.4) is going to sweep the global population in the next few weeks in another wave. I suspect it will look like a small wave primarily because of reduced testing protocols.

Now that nearly everyone have been exposed to COVID-19, the risks will be dramatically lower than previous strains but I'm sure many folks will seize the opportunity to panic.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
^ At this point, I would be more concerned with the (re)-emerging polio virus. And yes, I'll continue to wear my mask and stay away from people who don't care to wash their hands.

2741 - 2760 of 2900 Posts