Canadian Money Forum banner
2501 - 2516 of 2516 Posts

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
I suspect your invitation chances would improve immeasurably if you were to sweeten your disposition.
... such as? Keep in mind, he started the "trend" with the invites since he needs to clean out his freezers. It doesn't mean I'll attend even "invited".

·
Registered
27 Posts
Today my husband and I drove to the Niagara area. Stopped at Tim's along the way and also ran into a mall to use the washroom. I would say 90% of people were unmasked. Quite surprising to me. Here in Burlington, I would say at least 40% still masked at the grocery store but small town Canada, not so much.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
... such as? Keep in mind, he started the "trend" with the invites since he needs to clean out his freezers. It doesn't mean I'll attend even "invited".
... my point being - he hasn't sent out the invite since Covid started .. and why's that? And I'm not gonna to ask him either beecauussee Covid hasn't ended.

And yes, we keep 6' distance apart in talking when not wearing a mask.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
Today my husband and I drove to the Niagara area. Stopped at Tim's along the way and also ran into a mall to use the washroom. I would say 90% of people were unmasked. Quite surprising to me. Here in Burlington, I would say at least 40% still masked at the grocery store but small town Canada, not so much.
... people "on the street" here in "Toronto" are still wearing their masks. I would say about 40% is about right now versus 80% last posted (a month ago) in regards to this. Some eateries have removed their "mask requirement in store" postings now but some haven't. Plus servers in these eateries still have their masks on along with pexi-glasses remaining at the cash registers - in all the restaurants, pharmacies, supermarkets, etc. that I go to.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
... my point being - he hasn't sent out the invite since Covid started .. and why's that? And I'm not gonna to ask him either beecauussee Covid hasn't ended.

And yes, we keep 6' distance apart in talking when not wearing a mask.
Maybe he's a bit put off from that time you told a joke about a kitten being run over by a semi tractor and then laughed hysterically for a few minutes?

·
Registered
23,578 Posts
... people "on the street" here in "Toronto" are still wearing their masks. I would say about 40% is about right now
Yeah it looked like about 40% when I was there a couple weeks ago. Seems about the same in Vancouver too.

I don't mind people relaxing in the summer but I'm worried that they will fail to adapt again to the rising risk in the fall. This is why I'd prefer Public Health to steadily require mask usage. It's much easier for people (and less stressful by the way) to stick with routine patterns of behaviour, rather than keep changing it.

The public is currently being trained to be careless and to forget about COVID risk. That's not smart. If a new wave hits in fall/winter the public will have a much harder time adapting and getting their guards up again.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Plus servers in these eateries still have their masks on along with pexi-glasses remaining at the cash registers - in all the restaurants, pharmacies, supermarkets, etc. that I go to.
I think the plastic screens are here to stay.

·
Registered
10,652 Posts
I typically see 10-50% depending on location. Two places across the street, one will be 10%, one will be 50%.

I'm actually not clear on any demographic explanation. There doesn't seem to be much pattern that I can tell.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Elon Musk mentioned he has been in contact with Chinese government officials who tell him the Shanghai lockdown will be over in weeks, not months. This is good news for the people in Shanghai.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
^^ Appears someone either can't read when it has been stated very clearly or just like to to twist things. Would not surprise me one bit with the latter.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Quebec is set to lift the indoor masking mandate on Monday.

BA.2 is less severe than BA.1 with about half of the hospitalization rate in UK.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
2501 - 2516 of 2516 Posts