Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Do you guys not get the news ?

Hospitals in the US are at maximum capacity. From city after city, doctors and nurses are describing the situation in their hospitals.

Ambulances are being turned away with accident victims, gunshot wounds, heart attacks because there are no beds for them.

Children are being affected by Omicron, and doctors are seeing covid caused croup and pneumonia at a rising rate.

Kids are 10 times more likely to be hospitalized if not vaccinated. Children under the age of 5 are most seriously affected.

In Ontario, the government will no longer test for covid in schools. Other Provinces are edging closer to a disaster situation.

It appears the Ford government doesn't want parents to know the numbers. If I had kids in school.......they wouldn't be going.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
As usual, you are leaving out important facts in a weak attempt to prove your point. They have Covid but the vast majority are in the hospital for something else according to Dr Fauci. They only knew that they had Covid because they were tested for it, not because they had symptoms.
BS.....pay attention to what the ER docs are saying.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
I said BS.......listen to what the ER docs are saying.

People would be better off not searching the internet for information to confirm their biases, especially when they don't know how to read the data anyways.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
The common thread among the ER doctors is.........the public underestimates what is going to happen and the government refuses to listen and act.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
I provided a direct quote from Fauci and you call it BS spin. :p :p :p :p :p
Fauci lied about funding research in Wuhan to enhance the virus. He lied when it said it wasn't possible for a virus to escape the lab.

I don't put any weight on what he says, or Doctor Tam, or anyone in politics or appointed by politicians. They all have ulterior motives and political bias.

I don't care what a retired nurse who pretends to be a doctor on Youtube says either........or all the "fakes and pretenders" on Fox News.

I only care what the ER doctors and nurses are saying........that is it and that is all.

I will leave it up to others to forage through data on internet for something to support their conclusions.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
It looks like Omicron will burn hot and fast through the population, and has shoved Delta to the side, but that doesn't mean the Delta virus is permanently gone.

It could hibernate or mutate and return, or another variant could emerge from somewhere in the world.

There still doesn't appear to be much of push for global vaccination. Much of the world's population remains unvaccinated.

I would hope that governments don't conclude it is all over and fail to prepare for any eventuality.

Any respite from the immediate threat should be used to stock up on PPE and other necessities.

We need to continue funding research while we hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
How much money are they spending on those instant tests which could be spent on something more productive ?

We still wear our masks, although it may only be making us feel better. My wife always wears a face shield when working and shopping, but I don't know if that works either.

Our grandson went to his in-law grandparents for New Years Eve and of course the whole family went out to a pub. Now he is sick and they are thinking he might have covid. Well.......they all might have covid.

So now he can't come here or back to our son's place because they have 3 kids and she works in daycare tomorrow. So his mom will have to take off work.

You gotta wonder about some people's priorities. I mean.......they can't claim they didn't know the risk level.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Like I have posted often........listen to the doctors.

Not a single admission of a fully vaccinated patient to a big Toronto hospital tells me all I need to know and gives me some comfort.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
I think the Ford government has become unable to cope with the virus. They are sending mixed messages out almost daily.

It might not be a bad idea for Ford to call Legault and ask him what to do.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
The doctors and nurses who treat those patients in ERs and ICUs are proven right once again and always have been at each successive wave.

If governments had listened to them, we could have avoided a lot of the tragedy. Our governments make decisions weeks after they should have.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Maybe the Delta variant will disappear, or maybe it will mutate, or maybe it will go into hibernation only to reappear.

Maybe doesn't count for much. Nobody can say what will happen.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
The mistake members are making is thinking they can have an intelligent debate with people who change the subject for a bit and then circle back again.

It looks like they are getting close to "it is just a seasonal flu" again.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
Vaccinations will come in pill or spray form soon. Some day we will have a vaccine that kills all coronaviruses. Then we will have a national holiday.

Don't worry........we got science on our side.

·
Registered
19,578 Posts
My wife says the N95 "one size fit all" masks being sold in retailers and Amazon don't protect very well.

For her N95 masks, a technician fits the different masks by putting a specific headgear over the head for testing the fit of the mask.

They spray a chemical into the bubble and if you smell it......the mask doesn't fit properly. Every employee will need a different sized and shaped N95 mask.

The masks can be oval shaped, wider, taller, round.....or whatever shape necessary to fit properly. Each employee needs their own personal stack of masks.

Wear a mask of any kind and hope for the best, but don't count on it to give full protection if it isn't properly fitted to your face.

She also wears a plastic face shield to give a double layer of protection. She wears it at work and out shopping anywhere, but says few people do.

Even with that it may not fully protect, but it is the best we got right now.

Her retirement home is down to only 1 resident in the home with covid and 1 sent to the hospital, so it appears their efforts at mitigation are working.

It certainly helped when they locked down the home.

1 - 20 of 269 Posts