Canadian Money Forum banner
6681 - 6700 of 6721 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
The long delays and mixings was a result caused byCanada's initial problems in securing vaccines. This was not a planned experiment. It was a crisis management decision. Fortuatey an unintended consequence was very positive.
I do have criticisms for government approval agencies in not recognized real time results. The Israeli real time results fora booster shot is pretty solid and clear. The studies from Canada for mixed vaccinations and long delays between vaccinations is pretty solid and clear. This should be slam a slam dunk for the US CDC and FDA. Will they dodge because they didn't have the right trials and peer review? Sometimes government is the problem not the solution.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,684 ·
From the CBC article.....it appears to say there was a deliberate plan to delay the second vaccinations.

Dr. Danuta Skowronski, a vaccine effectiveness expert and epidemiology lead at the BCCDC whose research laid the groundwork for the decision to hold back second doses based on the "fundamental principles of vaccinology," says the early data is extremely encouraging.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,686 ·
Saskatchewan is a mess. Their hospitals are full of covid patients and 3,000 patients had their surgeries cancelled.

The situation is described by doctors there as "out of control" and on the verge of collapse.

All of these Provinces that "opened up" too early and refuse restrictions have created a healthcare crisis for their people.

Saskatchewan dropped their mask mandates in July and even in the face of the current situation, refuses to implement restrictions.

It costs $1 million to create 1 ICU bed and requires very specific training for nurses and professionals working in ICU units.

The hospitals can't "create" ICU beds and the necessary professionals out of thin air.

One has to wonder what the goal of the Saskatchewan government is.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
It costs $1 million to create 1 ICU bed and requires very specific training for nurses and professionals working in ICU units.

The hospitals can't "create" ICU beds and the necessary professionals out of thin air.
But then the government is firing the nurses and healthcare workers.
Something isn't adding up.

Either they desperately need the health care providers to work, or they don't.

They're firing hundreds and thousands of professionals for not vaccinating.
But the lack of vaccination wasn't a problem last year when they worked through the waves?

What's changed?
This is the kind of stuff conspiracy theorists love.

What I think happened is that the government doesnt' want to admit that a vaccine alone won't solve the problem, so they're doubling down, again and again, to a ridiculous level on vaccination. Hoping that they can blame the continued pandemic on "vaccination", rather than the fact that vaccination alone was never going to stop this.

What the conspiracy theorists think is this is a massive power grab.
They want to track everywhere you go, and everything you do. Show papers to travel or perform ordinary interactions.
Disagree with the party line, they'll take your livelihood.

I can't wait till they start raiding houses to seize unvaccinated children.(they might not, the residential school abuses are still too recent)

You couldn't make up a better police state conspiracy plot line if you tried.

Oh, here is something that people aren't talking about.
First Nations are getting hit by COVID19 worse, and are less vaccinated, because they , for obvious reasons, don't really trust the government.
Do you really think increasing authoritarianism and pressure to "do what the white man" tells you is going to help?

·
Registered
525 Posts

But the lack of vaccination wasn't a problem last year when they worked through the waves?

What's changed?

What I think happened is that the government doesnt' want to admit that a vaccine alone won't solve the problem, so they're doubling down, again and again, to a ridiculous level on vaccination. Hoping that they can blame the continued pandemic on "vaccination", rather than the fact that vaccination alone was never going to stop this.

What the conspiracy theorists think is this is a massive power grab.
They want to track everywhere you go, and everything you do. Show papers to travel or perform ordinary interactions.
Disagree with the party line, they'll take your livelihood.

I can't wait till they start raiding houses to seize unvaccinated children.(they might not, the residential school abuses are still too recent)

You couldn't make up a better police state conspiracy plot line if you tried.

Oh, here is something that people aren't talking about.
First Nations are getting hit by COVID19 worse, and are less vaccinated, because they , for obvious reasons, don't really trust the government.
Do you really think increasing authoritarianism and pressure to "do what the white man" tells you is going to help?
If I was a patient I would strongly object to having healthcare professionals in that hospital who aren't vaccinated. This is supported by 90% of the nurses and doctors who share the same concern. In NewYork state when faced with losing their high paying jobs and careers most held their noses and were vaccinated at 5 to 12:00. I hope governments don't blink on this

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
If I was a patient I would strongly object to having healthcare professionals in that hospital who aren't vaccinated. This is supported by 90% of the nurses and doctors who share the same concern. In NewYork state when faced with losing their high paying jobs and careers most held their noses and were vaccinated at 5 to 12:00. I hope governments don't blink on this
Well the question is why would you "strongly object".

Is it because you are concerned about the risk of exposure?
Do you have data that shows unvaccinated people spread more than vaccinated people.

Is it because you are concerned that they have poor judgement?
Without knowing their specific medical condition, you are unable to determine if they have poor judgement or not.

Myself I think almost everyone should be vaccinated, but I don't support governments regulating womens bodies (or mens or any other gender).

·
Registered
525 Posts
The anti-vaxxers are very creative in creating fictional misinformation. The one circulating now is the Delta variant is a mutation that came from people who were vaccinated. I haven't found any reputable research that supports that statement.

·
Registered
21,638 Posts
The anti-vaxxers are very creative in creating fictional misinformation. The one circulating now is the Delta variant is a mutation that came from people who were vaccinated. I haven't found any reputable research that supports that statement.
Social media gives an easy method to create fiction and spread it around. The only legit criticisms of the vaccines that I can think of are

(a) there are some serious adverse effects, sometimes ... but this has to be balanced against the harm of catching COVID
(b) vaccines don't prevent all cases, and there are breakthrough cases ... but all data shows that they still significantly reduce the chance of serious COVID

·
Registered
525 Posts
Social media gives an easy method to create fiction and spread it around. The only legit criticisms of the vaccines that I can think of are

(a) there are some serious adverse effects, sometimes ... but this has to be balanced against the harm of catching COVID
(b) vaccines don't prevent all cases, and there are breakthrough cases ... but all data shows that they still significantly reduce the chance of serious COVID
They play a game of half truths and emotional one offs. The Delta variant started showing up in India in October 2020 and most major vaccination programs didn't start until January of 2021 and I suspect much later in India. May-be there was a time machine that secretly moved the mRNA vaccines to India in September of 2020?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

Almost been 2 years and I am as high risk as it gets in terms of contracting it. I have been very open on this forum about my opinion and life. For someone who takes 0 precautions and breaks almost every rule...

I find my experience to be of more value than "what other people say".

I live in a city with 600k people. I also travel between cities. Go to work. Date new people. Hang with friends. Rent AirBNBs. Go to restaurants. Etc.

And somehow I just don't think your "a)" point has much validation.

You have a real world person here (me) who is at high risk and has been since the beginning. And yet... You still think taking a shot that is GUARANTEED to interact with your body is better than no shot at all?

I just understand why anyone would purposefully inject themselves. If you're 65+, then maybe. I get it. But otherwise, it makes no sense.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

What's changed?
Oh, you're right, all right.

Something(s) are not adding up.

It only takes a strong person with a strong mind to see this. Take a look around you. People are not dying in the streets. You've got like 20 people out of 38,000,000 dying in a day.

Big. Deal.
This is life.
Your wife or husband or mother or father could die in a car accident tomorrow. Nobody is saying it ISN'T tragic. It is. But that is life.

You can't just sit and hide and waste your life being afraid. What kind of life is that, anyway?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Remember when that woman (and who the f(_)CK was she again?) said that if you're going to have sex you should wear a mask?

LOL.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Factually speaking, you are safer with tested nurse than with vaccinated nurse.
Why not allow them to do testing and be safer for their patient, and avoid staffing shortages? Ideally test everyone to keep patients as safe as possible.
This is logical solution and results in much greater protection to the patients than current actions.

·
Registered
8,887 Posts
Factually speaking, you are safer with tested nurse than with vaccinated nurse.
Why not allow them to do testing and be safer for their patient, and avoid staffing shortages? Ideally test everyone to keep patients as safe as possible.
This is logical solution and results in much greater protection to the patients than current actions.
Because the government would have to admit that they were lying when they said that a vaccine will solve all ills.

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
6681 - 6700 of 6721 Posts