Canadian Money Forum banner
6261 - 6280 of 6571 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Are you talking about total deaths? You realize that things changed and that most of those deaths were at the start of the pandemic and covid was going through long term care homes. Given the demographics, Quebec and Ontario were obviously hit hardest for that. Not to mention the fact that based on population size, you'll have a lot more people traveling in and out of Quebec and Ontario than Alberta.
The "bashing" you're seeing is about the current situation and the fact that even with the vaccines in play that Alberta cases and hospitalizations are getting as bad as when we DIDN'T have the vaccines. Sure you can disregard the ICU utilization rate, but that's leading to secondary effects, like postponing surgeries: Edmonton man’s surgery cancelled moments before it was set to begin | Globalnews.ca
not putting any spin on this . I am just laying out the facts without cherry picking any time segments.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
not putting any spin on this . I am just laying out the facts without cherry picking any time segments.
That's what you say, but you are putting a spin on it by ignoring the obvious difference in provinces. People aren't really concerned about what happened a year ago, they are more concerned about right now. But let's put it at a 100k person basis.
Quebec Ontario Alberta
Deaths 11,305 9,617 2,462
Population 8,627,516 14,883,042 4,466,091
Rate 100k 131.0 64.6 55.1

So Quebec is worst off, while Alberta is a little better than Ontario.

Again, if you want to ignore the factor that most of the deaths were in LTC facilities (69%). But with the vaccine, we should see a stable and not a large wave of ICU utilization, and other provinces are getting a better handle on the situation. But go ahead and pat yourself on the back and convince yourself that Alberta is doing currently doing better. Can't change the past, but can certainly deal with the current and future.

Edit: Better numbers from Health Canada:
Rectangle Font Music Parallel Pattern

You may want to pay attention to the recent death rate. Alberta is tied for number 1, so there's that.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
Not sure about other provinces, but ON constantly is giving fake numbers... they tell that 70-80% of reported death happened 2+ months ago :).... do you really can trust those umbers>!

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Not sure about other provinces, but ON constantly is giving fake numbers... they tell that 70-80% of reported death happened 2+ months ago :).... do you really can trust those umbers>!
... talking about yourself with the garbage spewings or retarded (your favourite word) brain? Have your pick there since a death means nothing to you as long as it doesn't include you.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,268 ·
Negligence by Provincial governments, I would guess.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
^
... “Sending home a 50-year-old patient with a weak heart and disease that carries high risk of sudden death is wrong. But we are starting to have no choice,” Dr. Richard Whitlock, a cardiac surgeon for Hamilton Health Sciences, said in a message posted to Twitter. “Our centre is now focusing on the sickest of COVID, those requiring ECMO. This proportion seems higher this wave as we are very early into it and we have already almost reached the peak number that needed ECMO in the 3rd wave.” ...
... on the basis when that 50 year old dies (and not only him/her but other non-Covid-affected patients) (if you read into the article).

Part of the argument for that basis is here (also within that article):
... “Those choosing to be unvaccinated are endangering others and themselves – they don’t need to be sick and in hospital,” Dr. Craig Ainsworth, Director of the Cardiac Care Unit at Hamilton General Hospital, said in the release. “My colleagues and I are fully vaccinated, we support hospital policy and expect that everyone will follow the science. It’s the right thing to do. ... ”
And please spare me the fatties, junkies and drunkies argument(s).

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah.
So do those getting fat
So do those smoking
So do those being stupid.

Yet getting fat, smoking, and stupidity isn't illegal in this country.

If you want accountability in health care system move to a country with a private health care system.
In Canada we will continue treating fat, smokers, as well as those making poor choices.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,272 ·
The difference is none of any other groups are clogging up the hospitals by getting seriously sick and dying at the same time.

It is basic Canadian math.......the numbers of patients sick from covid are overwhelming the resources available to treat them.

Reactions: Beaver101

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The difference is none of any other groups are clogging up the hospitals by getting seriously sick and dying at the same time.

It is basic Canadian math.......the numbers of patients sick from covid are overwhelming the resources available to treat them.
Of course they are.
Single biggest predictor for hospital usage is obesity.
Vast majority of hospital bed taken are by people who are obese.
It really isn't even close.

I am not for restricting access to healthcare or segregation at all.
If you were though, this is the first place to look at following pretty much any key

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6,274 ·
Sick people are in the hospital.......no surprise there.

When people refuse to take their medicine....like vaccines, they are creating preventable problems for everyone else.

As far as I am concerned.........no vaccination = no right to go anywhere. They can stay home and look out the window.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
The biggest sickness of 21st century is obesity.
When people refuse to take their medicine.....like exercise and healthy diet, they are creating preventable problems for everyone else.

As far as sags is concerned........no medicine = no right to go anywhere.

Seriously man. Stop selectively policing other people. Either apply same standards to everyone, or don't apply them at all. You are extremely similar to Nazi party ideologue - wake up!

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
The biggest sickness of 21st century is obesity.
When people refuse to take their medicine.....like exercise and healthy diet, they are creating preventable problems for everyone else.
You got a point there however ... if I stand beside an overweight person I don't get their fat transferred to me. :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You got a point there however ... if I stand beside an overweight person I don't get their fat transferred to me. :)
You are still stuck sometime in December 2020 :)

Vaccines DON'T prevent the spread.
You are equally likely to have virus transferred from vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Israel has highest spread of all countries and highest it ever had.

It really isn't complicated.

a) Vaccines don't prevent spread
b) Restrictions break multiple sections of charter (confirmed by courts)
c) Natural infection provides better protection than vaccines
d) People who went through infection are less of a danger than those vaccinated
e) Oakes test fails because of that
f) Because of above Section 1 doesn't allow breaking Charter

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Nope, false! :)
Show me a study that prove vaccinated people don't spread delta variant?
It has been proven that viral load vaccinated people carry is the same as in unvaccinated (as per CDC). There is hypothesis that they might spread it for shorter amount of time, but yet unproven.

Of course this conversation is completely hypothetical as any restriction targeting unvaccinated people with previous infection is completely illegal due to failure of Oakes test

6261 - 6280 of 6571 Posts