Canadian Money Forum banner

4461 - 4480 of 4526 Posts

·
Banned
10,886 Posts
They actually are.
one of their initiatives is named "The Great Reset"

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes.
Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes.

The more extreme elements are pretty clear, they want to dismantle capitalism and replace it with something more "fair".
I don't know what is more fair than letting a person be the primary beneficiary of their own labours.

Really the idea that if you make something, you own it seems fair.
The idea these wackos have that if you work and make something, others should be able to simply take it seems unfair.

Their definition of fair is much more in line with communism, where the elites live in luxury, and the people live in poverty.
The Great Reset - Matt, you took words out of my mouth!

and I cannot say it better than Tucker Carson:

Back in November, Justin Trudeau admitted what's going on. It’s not about stopping the coronavirus and saving lives. No. This pandemic, he said, is an opportunity to permanently change Western civilization:

TRUDEAU: This pandemic has provided an opportunity for a reset. This is our chance to accelerate our pre-pandemic efforts to reimagine economic systems that actual address global challenges like extreme poverty, inequality, and climate change.

We don’t want to give Justin Trudeau too much credit. He may be sinister, but he’s not smart. He didn't think that phrase up. He took it from his role models in this country. At a forum hosted by the World Economic Forum in mid-November, John Kerry -- our new climate czar -- laid it out.

"Yes, it [the Great Reset] will happen," Kerry said, "and I think it will happen with greater speed and with greater intensity than a lot of people might imagine. In effect, the citizens of the United States have just done a Great Reset. We’ve done a Great Reset. And it was a record level of voting. We’re at the dawn of an extremely exciting time."

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You don't understand what I'm saying.
Parents going to work have to make arrangements for childcare.
... don't you think the parents should have this figured out by now? Or Lecce telling the parents to figure it ... by now, a year + in the pandemic. These scenes are like coming out of a movie, being played over and over again. Only we're living in this movie.

They can go to the controlled school environment, or they will send them to someones house who has space.
... right, the school would be a nice baby-sitting center, no doubt.

Just sending to soemones home is the ad-hoc arrrangement we should avoid.
... why send to someone else's home when there is "home"? Are your kids being sent to someone else's home to be looked after currently? And please spare the "both parents" working ... see above too.

The schools don't seem to be spreading COVID19, the data just isn't there.
... no, the schools are fine ... it's the living beings in them that are spreading them. And before you go "the data just isnt' there (likely in London, Ontario)" ... here's the latest update (for Toronto):

More than 20 Toronto schools being closed due to COVID-19

Last Updated Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:26AM EDT
More than 20 Toronto schools are being closed due to COVD-19 investigations as the city's public health unit defends their decision to keep facilities open to in-person learning.

Toronto Public Health and various school boards confirmed the closures Monday night

“Today, Toronto Public Health (TPH) has recommended the temporary dismissal of all school cohorts for the following schools as a result of ongoing COVID-19 investigations,” Toronto Public Health said in a statement to CP24.
.. and exactly what "data" presumably scientific ones you need to see to convince you the spread remains in the schools?

I agree a 2 week shutdown is dumb, but take it up with Dr Loh, who issued that order
Lecce didn't flip flop here. The local authorities simply decided to make a different decision.
... no, apparently Lecce doesn't listen to anyone else when he can't make up his mind. Afterall he's Ontario's Education Minister, doing what? IDK.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Absolutely, but hyperpartisans like Beaver just blame Conservatives no matter what.
They're literally unable to see the data right in front of them.
... why do you always need to pull politics in? Especially this is a public health matter?

Don't you think it's oxymoron(ic) that you like to see "data", like "hard-evidence" when you love to pull politics into the topic. Reminder: data=science does NOT mix with politics.

And you can spin it anyway you want like I'm not able to see "your" version of "data" to be "convincing" when it's all over a reputable news channel of what is happening in the "real" world, not on this forum's "postings" on the "need for data." ... LMAO.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
More than 20 Toronto schools being closed due to COVID-19

.. and exactly what "data" presumably scientific ones you need to see to convince you the spread remains in the schools?
Data showing that COVID19 is being transmitted in schools.
Most schools are only finding a handful of cases, many times only 1 or 2 cases in the whole school. Which should be expected based on the positivity rate in the community.

If the schools were finding 2 or 3 kids from the same classroom, that would suggest there might be in school spread. But that simply isn't happening.

I'll ask you, what data would suggest to you that in COVID19 isn't likely being spread in schools?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You brought politics into it when you blamed Lecce for the decisions of the Peel region Chief Medical officer
.. repeating my question: what is Lecce's job exactly? Plus did I blame Ford for anything, he is considered a Conservative also, no?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Data showing that COVID19 is being transmitted in schools.
Most schools are only finding a handful of cases, many times only 1 or 2 cases in the whole school. Which should be expected based on the positivity rate in the community.

If the schools were finding 2 or 3 kids from the same classroom, that would suggest there might be in school spread. But that simply isn't happening.

I'll ask you, what data would suggest to you that in COVID19 isn't likely being spread in schools?
...if you think Covid is being spread in school, then we're on the same page. But I don't think you're trying to say that previously. As said, a spread is a spread, whichever way you cut it. All it takes is 1 kid to infect another kid who then goes onto infecting everybody else, including taking the infection home.

Here's a latest:

Vaughan father dies, wife now struggles to walk after entire family got infected with COVID-19

... Barmash-Viater said her parents were both healthy and didn’t have pre-existing medical conditions. She said that the family does not know where they contracted COVID-19.

"These are two active people in their sixties," she said. "It never, ever should have happened and I am so angry that it did."

Barmash-Viater, who is 40 years old, said that COVID-19 has left her with nerve damage that she thinks will be permanent. Her two children all had mild symptoms.
... maybe it's a coincidence, maybe not ...definitely not speculation.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
...if you think Covid is being spread in school, then we're on the same page. But I don't think you're trying to say that previously. As said, a spread is a spread, whichever way you cut it. All it takes is 1 kid to infect another kid who then goes onto infecting everybody else, including taking the infection home.

Here's a latest:

Vaughan father dies, wife now struggles to walk after entire family got infected with COVID-19

I generally out of political arguments. I am asking for clarification. I read the article, and no where does it say the kids where the ones that brought it home. They had mild symptoms, but that is already know that kids will have mild symptoms compared to adults. Everything else is speculation. In my kids school, they just had their second case for the year. The kids have had no symptoms, and it was brought from the parents who infected the kids. There has been no further spread (knock on wood, as it's been 10 days since the school was notified). I can say since there were NO other cases in the class or in the school whatever so ever, it's not starting from the kids in school. I am not saying kids cannot spread it, but many of the cases come from OUTSIDE of the school, into the schools. The schools in my area are doing a pretty good job containing it. The cases have been spread with the kids due to kids having sleep overs and gatherings in each others homes, large parties, or from someone in their home. So the same reasons as young adults.

It's actually very limited in the spread IN school, it's the spread outside of school that is the bigger concern.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts

Here's a latest:

I don't think it's being spread in schools, because the data doesn't show that.
They just announce 14 cases in 11 schools here. that means at most only 3 schools had more than 1 case. Which meanst at least 8 of the 11 schools had only 1 case.

If schools are spreading, why aren't we seeing many outbreaks at schools?

What data would suggest (not convince), but suggest that it is possible the spread at school isn't very high?
With the strong of schools reporting COVID only reporting a single case, it really doesn't look like it's running rampant in schools.

I'm not saying it isn't being spread in schools, I am saying that it looks like there is very little spread in schools.

I personally know 2 kids who had COVID19 in their classrooms, neither class had a second child catch COVID.
In fact between those 2 schools only 3 kids had COVID, and 2 were brothers.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
In addition to talking to teachers, they should talk to students. My kids say teachers are rarely wearing masks properly, and a few of them seem to have other have commitments......checking their phones constantly, selling items on kijiji.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Local news here about asymptomatic testing in schools. Discovered one case.

One case, out of 133 tests. 0.072% and that was an asymptomatic case
They have 475 cases, out of a population of 540 000, that's 0.088%, and that's all symptomatic cases that went and got tested.

So it looks like the number of cases in the schools in that health unit is LOWER than the number of cases in the general population.
That's not even considering that in the general population they aren't likely catching as many asymptomatic cases.

There could be a lot of reasons, but it is obvious that Schools are simply not hotbeds of COVID transmission.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
You said Lecce is flip flopping, referencing the Peel region school closures.
Lecce didn't flip flop.
... you still haven't answered the question: what is Lecce's job exactly? This is the 3rd time being asked so don't deflect and dance around it. Plus playing the political game.

And yes, he's a flip-flopper ... since last year. If you don't like that labelling, how does "incompetent" sound. Better?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
One case, out of 133 tests. 0.072% and that was an asymptomatic case
They have 475 cases, out of a population of 540 000, that's 0.088%, and that's all symptomatic cases that went and got tested.

So it looks like the number of cases in the schools in that health unit is LOWER than the number of cases in the general population.
That's not even considering that in the general population they aren't likely catching as many asymptomatic cases.

There could be a lot of reasons, but it is obvious that Schools are simply not hotbeds of COVID transmission.
... you can spin as long as a post you want with all the stats, data, rah, rah, rah.

Re-iterating for the umpteenth time ... all it takes is 1 person to infect another. No "hotbed" is needed for Covid "transmission=infection".

Repeat for the umpteenth time, asymptotic transmission is next to impossible to trace. And please don't tell me that doesn't exist in schools? Now, is it that difficult to understand why schools need to close down again?

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
... you still haven't answered the question: what is Lecce's job exactly? This is the 3rd time being asked so don't deflect and dance around it. Plus playing the political game.

And yes, he's a flip-flopper ... since last year. If you don't like that labelling, how does "incompetent" sound. Better?
... you can spin as long as a post you want with all the stats, data, rah, rah, rah.

Re-iterating for the umpteenth time ... all it takes is 1 person to infect another. No "hotbed" is needed for Covid "transmission=infection".

Repeat for the umpteenth time, asymptotic transmission is next to impossible to trace. And please don't tell me that doesn't exist in schools? Now, is it that difficult to understand why schools need to close down again?
Lecce is the minster of education.

I don't think he's flip flopped much, I think as things changed he has acted appropriately. Where is the flip flop you're talking about?

I'm not saying that asymptomatic spread doesn't exist, I fully acknowledge it.
In fact I literally referenced an asymptomatic study they just did in SimcoeMuskoka, which found 1 case of asymptomatic COVID19.
The data clearly shows that kids in school are much less likely to have COVID19 than other members of the general population.

Since schools aren't spreading COVID19 very much, why close them?

Well stats and data are how science works. If you're rejecting al the data, you're just going with whatever feels right to you, which is no way to run the government.

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,478 (Edited)
My wife tells me that Western University is sending the students home after outbreaks at 9 different student residences.

She didn't know if the kids are required to leave but there will only be "online" learning for the rest of the year.

In other local news, schools are finding infections, hospitals are being infected, and ICU rooms are filling up. The healthcare workers are exhausted. They have been at this for over a year. The LTC home workers are exhausted and the first line responders are exhausted.

The last thing they need is another round of waves of infection.

But, the scientists say the new Brazil virus is spreadling quickly and becoming the dominant virus. It is more infectious and deadly, especially to young adults aged 18-22 for some unknown reason.

I also heard the vaccines aren't protecting people against the Brazil variant.

If that isn't bad enough news, the double mutation found in India has now landed in California.

We are not anywhere near the time for opening up the economy or holding large gatherings.

Some say we are only at the beginning of another pandemic.

If this virus developed naturally it certainly does a good job of mutating faster than we can address it. Personally, I think it was created in a lab to do just what it is doing.

But....who is ever going to admit they helped create or funded development of this monster ?

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,479
Viruses aren't supposed to mutate so much every few months, and now there is a "double mutation" ?

I heard one scientist say he has never seen a virus mutate so much so quickly as this one is doing.

We are slowly losing the battle against the virus. In the end, everything will be shut down tight.

It will be the only way to stop the spread. The scientists are already predicting it will happen.

Unfortunately people will likely keep dying before the authorities do what needs to be done.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
My wife tells me that Western University is sending the students home after outbreaks at 9 different student residences.

She didn't know if the kids are required to leave but there will only be "online" learning for the rest of the year.

In other local news, schools are finding infections, hospitals are being infected, and ICU rooms are filling up. The healthcare workers are exhausted. They have been at this for over a year. The LTC home workers are exhausted and the first line responders are exhausted.

The last thing they need is another round of waves of infection.

But, the scientists say the new Brazil virus is spreadling quickly and becoming the dominant virus. It is more infectious and deadly, especially to young adults aged 18-22 for some unknown reason.

I also heard the vaccines aren't protecting people against the Brazil variant.

If that isn't bad enough news, the double mutation found in India has now landed in California.

We are not anywhere near the time for opening up the economy or holding large gatherings.

Some say we are only at the beginning of another pandemic.

If this virus developed naturally it certainly does a good job of mutating faster than we can address it. Personally, I think it was created in a lab to do just what it is doing.

But....who is ever going to admit they helped create or funded development of this monster ?
School ends in one week for universities. Write your exam, go home.

4461 - 4480 of 4526 Posts