Canadian Money Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3818 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Beaver.......the CEO of London's hospital network was just terminated by the board.

After outbreaks at two hospitals, he sent a memo to staff blasting them for not following protocol and causing the outbreak.

Then he drove to the US to see his family........numerous times. Apparently he is a US citizen.

No, he's a Canadian Citizen, as reported by both CTV and LFpress.

Care to back up your false claim that he's a US citizen? I know you won't, but I'll ask.

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
Where die the premiers say they were confident?
Last week Ford was pleading for more as we were about to run out.
I don't see info on premiers sentiments in the article either.

Though, with more vaccination sites open - manpower and having doses seem to be part of the limiting factors.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,763
No, he's a Canadian Citizen, as reported by both CTV and LFpress.

Care to back up your false claim that he's a US citizen? I know you won't, but I'll ask.
Right.........he isn't a US citizen but a Permanent Resident of the US.

Pretty much the same thing. That is how he was able to cross the border by vehicle.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Right.........he isn't a US citizen but a Permanent Resident of the US.

Pretty much the same thing. That is how he was able to cross the border by vehicle.
Not even close to the same thing. But thanks for the retraction.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I don't see info on premiers sentiments in the article either.

Though, with more vaccination sites open - manpower and having doses seem to be part of the limiting factors.

Cheers
I saw the premiers on the news. Here’s a couple of articles expressing their sentiment that they have a supply issue, not a problem with the actual execution of jabbing arms.

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,766
Not even half of the vaccines available have been used in Ontario.

Our "ramp up" is from 12 vaccination booths to 20.

What is Ford talking about ?

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Not even half of the vaccines available have been used in Ontario.

Our "ramp up" is from 12 vaccination booths to 20.

Source?
Of course you're not counting doses allocated to complete the required vaccination schedule are you?
In case you didn't know, some of the vaccines being used need 2 doses taken a period of time apart. It is important that the second dose is given at the correct time. Logically they will secure those second doses to ensure that the quality of the vaccination is maintained.

FYI, in some jurisdictions they're not planning to ensure people are getting vaccinated properly.

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
I saw the premiers on the news. Here’s a couple of articles expressing their sentiment that they have a supply issue, not a problem with the actual execution of jabbing arms.
There's been a couple of warnings of areas running out of vaccine.

At the same time, with the way testing went - I'm not putting much confidence in Ford's sentiments that the first few weeks will mean the problems have been dealt with. :oops:

Cheers

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
Not even half of the vaccines available have been used in Ontario ...
I suspect some of those "unused" doses are what arrived on the loading dock this week.
Particularly since last Friday something over 72K vaccinations were reported of 95K received.

If it were that low then replenishing the sites that are out would be easy.

... Our "ramp up" is from 12 vaccination booths to 20.
Better question is what are you talking about?

Pilot was two sites and has been expanded to 19 sites.

The LTC home around the corner had residents being vaccinated on Saturday where AFAICT, it isn't being counted as a site. Hot spot Windsor-Essex took ten days to vaccinate all it's LTC homes but will run out of vaccine before the retirement homes can be completed. Ottawa, OTOH was running out after four LTC homes.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,770
Wrong.......1000 vaccinations per day (maybe).....divided by two shots required per person....they will have everyone fully vaccinated in 4 years.......maybe.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Wrong.......1000 vaccinations per day (maybe).....divided by two shots required per person....they will have everyone fully vaccinated in 4 years.......maybe.

You keep obsessing over the "slow" rate, yet forget we don't have enough vaccine to go faster.
What's the point in vaccinating 7k people on Monday, then doing nothing all week.

Better to set up a dedicated, sustainable, 1k/day system.

Plus that is just 1 Hospital.

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
With a London, Ontario population in 2016 of 404K, that's 808K doses. At 1K a day, it's 808 days or 2.2 years.
I'm sure holidays etc. may stretch it out a bit but I'm doubting four years.

'Course you do realise that you were complaining about the province when you wrote "in Ontario", right?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
With a London, Ontario population in 2016 of 404K, that's 808K doses. At 1K a day, it's 808 days or 2.2 years.
I'm sure holidays etc. may stretch it out a bit but I'm doubting four years.

'Course you do realise that you were complaining about the province when you wrote "in Ontario", right?

Cheers
By phase 3, the vaccine will be available in pharmacies and family doctor offices.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
^ I believe the Feds said by (end) of September 2021 on phase 3 (general population).

·
Registered
14,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,778
Are all the other strains infecting people ? Hopefully we aren't one mutation away from a worse virus.

The 4 Japanese were infected in Brazil.

Also announced today, that scientists from many countries have arrived in China to investigate the origin of the virus.

They have to quarantine for 14 days before they can begin.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Are all the other strains infecting people ? Hopefully we aren't one mutation away from a worse virus.

The 4 Japanese were infected in Brazil.

Also announced today, that scientists from many countries have arrived in China to investigate the origin of the virus.

They have to quarantine for 14 days before they can begin.
You can't say 'all', but I think it's safe to assume the strains they find have infected at least 1 person.

We're always "one mutation" away from a worse virus.

3761 - 3780 of 3818 Posts