Canadian Money Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 3416 Posts

·
Registered
18,322 Posts
Except the US bought up almost the entire global supply.
This is unfortunate.

Canada should be investigating some of the effective treatments that Cuba has created. Already, they're being deployed in China. If the US is locking us out of certain treatments, we should get them from elsewhere.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Naw, that's just politics, the US is brutal for omnibus bills/pork.
A bit of both. You would never succeed by putting in a rider on the bill for expanded medicare, but money to support a company? Republicans would fall all over that.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Naw, that's just politics, the US is brutal for omnibus bills/pork.
The point I was making is that there are claims that there is no money or social investments but plenty of money for Israel and where Israel enjoys a very good standard of living.
Israel is not a poor country.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
A bit of both. You would never succeed by putting in a rider on the bill for expanded medicare, but money to support a company? Republicans would fall all over that.
Sorry, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of Democrat riders on bills too.
I'm sure the more corporatist Republicans like that crap, the more Libertarians don't.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
The point I was making is that there are claims that there is no money or social investments but plenty of money for Israel and where Israel enjoys a very good standard of living.
Israel is not a poor country.
Nobody said there is no money for social investment.
It's the protestors and rioters who are literally arguing to DEFUND and reduce social investment.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Toronto is moving to stage three. Prepare for a surge in cases.

It really is a two edged sword. We need an economy but it comes at an increased risk to our health. The only thing I hope will happen when the inevitable surge in cases occurs because people will ignore the distancing etc. is that we will once and for all move from 'educating' to 'enforcing'.

I know bylaw enforcement officers and the police can't be everywhere, writing everyone who doesn't comply, a ticket but they can be everywhere they can be and writing every ticket they can write. When they start writing a thousand tickets a week, the message will get through.

I believe that is the ONLY way we can hope to keep the increase low enough that it can be controlled by contact tracing.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nobody said there is no money for social investment.
It's the protestors and rioters who are literally arguing to DEFUND and reduce social investment.
I think it might be called "Priorities".
I think that when Trump calls for investing into America and not China or some other country, this proves he is not serious. Look at the money going to Israel in the past year. Promises of probably 50 billion dollars.

All the while Trump and his supporters all scream "Make America Great Again".
Why are Israeli citizens more deserving than American citizens at this time or during this event?

There is a huge bunch of Israeli Folks with millions in the bank. They got the money to pay.

Canada had to pay for the F-35. Israel got a dozen and for free.

Why are they acting like beggars?
Why are they more deserving than a person asking to continue his unemployment payments?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Howcome you can catch the virus from my breath but not from my fart?

Right now I am quietly dispersing the warm gaseous airs without much anxiety.

Any such animal as "Anti-Virus Underwear" ?
Or should I just fart loudly to warn people off?

·
Registered
13,063 Posts
Herman Cain died of coronavirus. I'm sure lonewolf will claim he was hit by a bus instead. He was hospitalized early in July, possibly contracting the virus at the Tulsa Trump rally on June 20.

·
Registered
13,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,534
Herman Cain was a loyal Trumper to the end.......his end. Trump did say a few kind words about him, so there is that.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Well, the long weekend is here and no doubt thousands will be flocking to the beaches. Not good news for managing the virus obviously.

I can understand why some people want to go to a beach but why do they all seem to want to go to the same beach? Do they think there is only one? Canada has countless beaches and many of them will doubtless see not one person on them this weekend. Why don't people go to a quieter, less crowded beach given the virus in our midst right now?

There is a beach about 15 minutes from our house. It is quite small but as good as any other beach, nice sand, parking available. It can handle maybe 50 people with plenty of space for each. Whenever we pass by, if there are 10 cars there I call it busy. About 30 minutes away from us is a bigger beach. It runs for several kilometres in length. But is is popular and if I pass by there I will see 50-100 cars and all of the people within about a 500 yard stretch of the beach. In other words, crowded together when there is no need to be. Is it that they can't carry their coolers any farther than that? Can they not look for that quieter beach?

Are people such sheep that they can't think?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Howcome you can catch the virus from my breath but not from my fart?

Right now I am quietly dispersing the warm gaseous airs without much anxiety.

Any such animal as "Anti-Virus Underwear" ?
Or should I just fart loudly to warn people off?
I did reply to part of this in the other thread, but did not answer the question about virus though your @$$ (unless you mouth and butthole share they same hole such as some leaders with out of control countries particularly, but that is not this discussion).

Virus that goes though your digestive system can still be active and transmit. But take more to be airborne. it would most likely come out in a more ‘solid’ form which generally people should be able to avoid. If it comes up in gas form, most people wear underwear or some form of clothing which essentially is the equivalent as a mask to your butt. Again, this is the same principle as wearing underpants or coverings on my butt protect you from me. There is also the thought of what if one choose to go commando and wear a skirt. Since, it is ones ‘freedom’ to let them hang out privately. I would suppose that there is less protection provided, this would be the equivalent of someone wearing only a face shield, Howeverm , I feel confident that my 2 meter distance and mask would still provide me protection in the event a commando, Short shirt wearing , COVID Infested expels gas, I would still be protected. So even thought there is no study on this specific topic, I do believe masks will still provide some protection.

Interesting thing is I have not seen as many protests against butt masks with the exception some toddlees have seen stripped and run free. I do know if they knew what they were pretesting though.

Reactions: calm

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well, the long weekend is here and no doubt thousands will be flocking to the beaches. Not good news for managing the virus obviously.

I can understand why some people want to go to a beach but why do they all seem to want to go to the same beach? Do they think there is only one? Canada has countless beaches and many of them will doubtless see not one person on them this weekend. Why don't people go to a quieter, less crowded beach given the virus in our midst right now?

There is a beach about 15 minutes from our house. It is quite small but as good as any other beach, nice sand, parking available. It can handle maybe 50 people with plenty of space for each. Whenever we pass by, if there are 10 cars there I call it busy. About 30 minutes away from us is a bigger beach. It runs for several kilometres in length. But is is popular and if I pass by there I will see 50-100 cars and all of the people within about a 500 yard stretch of the beach. In other words, crowded together when there is no need to be. Is it that they can't carry their coolers any farther than that? Can they not look for that quieter beach?

Are people such sheep that they can't think?
some people like to people watch...you know,,,,bikinis and all.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
It's amazing how different parts of the world seem to get taken over by this virus and others are doing so well.

Australia's Victoria declares 'state of disaster,' locking down millions in Melbourne as virus cases soar

"The premier of Victoria plunged the region into a "state of disaster" on Sunday, announcing even stricter lockdown measures, introducing a nightly curfew and banning virtually all trips outdoors after Australia's second largest state recorded 671 new infections in a single day."

"Where you slept last night is where you'll need to stay for the next six weeks," Andrews said, announcing a curfew between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. beginning Sunday evening and moving Metropolitan Melbourne into stage four lockdown measures."

"In that part of the state, only one person per household will be allowed to leave their homes once a day -- outside of curfew hours -- to pick up essential goods, and they must stay within a 5 kilometer radius of their home."

ltr

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Start thinking ahead....there may be a run on winter supplies soon. People in my neighbourhood who usually go down south don’t even own boots, shovels, winter coats, ice scrapers etc etc.

2521 - 2540 of 3416 Posts