Canadian Money Forum banner

2501 - 2520 of 2652 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Taiwan’s claim that it provided early warning to the WHO about Covid and “human-to human-transmission” has been exploited by the Trump administration to attack the multi-lateral body and turn up the heat on China. There’s just one problem: it’s totally false.

The Taiwanese government has claimed that it provided early warning to the World Health Organization (WHO) at the end of December about the novel coronavirus and the risk of human-to-human transmission, but was ignored due to pressure from China.

....there is no evidence any such warning was ever issued by Taiwan to the WHO.

....the claims of the US and Taiwanese authorities are a complete fabrication. Taiwan never provided any warning to the WHO about the novel coronavirus or its transmissibility.
By Ajit Singh
July 17, 2020

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
The number of cases overall is increasing. A predictable result of opening up. The question is can we level off with a new baseline by testing and tracing. We cannot expect NO increase but if we can level off at a slightly higher level than our lowest point then that will be the ACCEPTABLE level we have to live with if we want to re-start businesses.

IF however, we cannot hold at a new 'plateau' and new cases just continue to climb, there will have to be a point (a number) at which we have to shut down some things at least again.

·
Registered
12,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,503
The Trump administration are a bunch of liars, fakers, and con artists.........and those are their good qualities.

·
Banned
434 Posts
The Trump administration are a bunch of liars, fakers, and con artists.........and those are their good qualities.
Too much CNN, The fake numbers are higher in the US to help over take Trump in election. Wont need ID to vote if Dems get their way

I trust Trump more then any other career politician because when he is done he will return to the private sector. A career politician is simply taken care of for life & has nothing to return to. I do not support Sorros, Gate, Rockerfeller using their money to take over huge sections of government . We are the lower class scum which will be poisoned with their vaccines while everyone hails the masters behind the scamdemic. Let the corrupt government do our thinking.

Please please Mr career politician I am so scared & helpless you are so kind & never hurt anyone please protect me. Please vaccinate me with your poison

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Passengers on flights that have had someone test positive are not being advised directly of that.

That count of 30 flights would appear to overlap with but not necessarily include the 26 flights previously reported.

Airlines do not want to tell passengers they were on a flight with someone who later tested positive as that would obviously discourage people from flying. So they say it is not their job to inform us.

I don't know what excuse public health is using for not doing a contact follow-up. While passengers arriving on international flights are required to self-isolate for 14 days anyway, there is no requirement for those taking domestic flights to isolate.

It looks like everyone is passing the buck and this is a flaw in the contact tracing systems being used in regards to air travel.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I viewed an interview yesterday on CNN and where a scientist previewed what was known about the vaccine programs. I tried all day yesterday to find the video but was unable to.
The transcript is available this morning. If I find the video later I will post it.

U.S. Faces Major Hurdles for Vaccine Distribution Once Approved; Dr. Paul Offit Discusses U.S. Vaccine Development

Find this time on page:
[11:20:07]

·
Registered
768 Posts
"Every 8 minutes somebody in Florida dies of Coronavirus"
--Brian Williams, MSNBC, 11th hour, July 24, 2020--

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I trust Trump more then any other career politician because when he is done he will return to the private sector. A career politician is simply taken care of for life & has nothing to return to. I do not support Sorros, Gate, Rockerfeller using their money to take over huge sections of government .
Soros, Gates, Rockefeller would also have the private sector to return to.

·
Registered
768 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
I took a walk through our largest mall here in Kingston today and saw at least half a dozen businesses that have closed their doors for good or are on the way out with closing sales.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Got no money for Social Investments .....

Coronavirus relief package For Israel .....

Tweet:
By Anthony Wier
"$686 million in the coronavirus relief package to buy F-35’s. $1.1 billion for a P-8. $243 million for missile defense radars. $66 million for hypersonic missile defense. Scientists worry about airborne transmission of the virus—but I don’t think that’s quite what they meant."
July 27, 2020

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Got no money for Social Investments .....

Coronavirus relief package For Israel .....

Tweet:
By Anthony Wier
"$686 million in the coronavirus relief package to buy F-35’s. $1.1 billion for a P-8. $243 million for missile defense radars. $66 million for hypersonic missile defense. Scientists worry about airborne transmission of the virus—but I don’t think that’s quite what they meant."
July 27, 2020
It's part of the whole trickle-down economics philosophy. Give businesses money and it will flow down to the people. Too bad decades of showing how nonsensical it is can't convince conservative types that it doesn't work.

·
Banned
3,736 Posts
It's part of the whole trickle-down economics philosophy. Give businesses money and it will flow down to the people. Too bad decades of showing how nonsensical it is can't convince conservative types that it doesn't work.
Naw, that's just politics, the US is brutal for omnibus bills/pork.

One of the many things wrong with the way they practice politics.
Also it's a problem in Canada as well.
Justin Trudeau needs to stop borrowing Stephen Harper's omnibus trick - Macleans.ca

As much as I'd rather they actually debate the individual issues, as a negotiating tactic I much prefer the public quid pro quo, which is voted on and in the public record, vs secret backroom dealings.

2501 - 2520 of 2652 Posts