Status
Not open for further replies.
7081 - 7100 of 7858 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
weak comparisions
Simple.
Those are people who believe in human rights, and believe that human rights, such as a right not to be penalized for not undergoing medical procedure, are above all and can't be violated by governments.

What you call it is up to you. I simply call them people who protect human rights above all else.
You can call them selfless, just, etc. There are lot of adjectives.

Yes, precisely. Allowing majority to use scapegoats leads to holocaust, Uighurs treatment, or residential schools - people who are aware of the simple fact want to avoid it. Wouldn't use words such as nice and kind either - I would hope one would see it as normal.
The fact that you don't speaks more about you than it does about them
. weak comparisons. Mandates are not sending people to death camps . The unvaccinated by their own decisions are in death camps and those camps are called ICUs.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
In the 1920s and 1930s they weren't sending people to death camps either. But that's when scapegoating was strongest.
And if you remove someone's means to live, not allow them to earn income, get rid of social safety net that they paid into by making them ineligible then what do you call it?
Stalin didn't kill 50mln Ukrainians. He just took away their chance of making a living

If you believe that human rights aren't violated until someone gets sent into gas chambers then you won't notice until it is to late

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Wychwood elementary school closed to in-person learning due to COVID-19 outbreak

I don't understand why TDSB don't just send the kids home to spend an early Christmas. I'm guessing they're waiting directions from the flip-flopping Lecce, hiding somewhere in complete silence like he's been kidnapped and (edit from "or") duct-taped.
... oh, another closure. Are French language schools not part of Ontario's Covid school plans?

Oshawa French school closing today due to COVID-19 outbreak

The today is Monday November 29, 2021.

·
Registered
734 Posts
In the 1920s and 1930s they weren't sending people to death camps either. But that's when scapegoating was strongest.
And if you remove someone's means to live, not allow them to earn income, get rid of social safety net that they paid into by making them ineligible then what do you call it?
Stalin didn't kill 50mln Ukrainians. He just took away their chance of making a living

If you believe that human rights aren't violated until someone gets sent into gas chambers then you won't notice until it is to late
incrediable rational

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Mzukwa said that very few people are being admitted to the hospital and the South African health care system is not under pressure.

“Obviously, we’re still gathering information as to the spread of this Omicron in the country, but it is not what it is touted to be out there,” he said, noting that the South African government has not put the country under any further restrictions.
“There is nothing much that we see beyond what we have seen with the Delta variant,” he said.
Asked about hospitalizations across the country, which have been seen as trending up over the last month, Mzukwa said that even in the province where the Omicron variant is concentrated, “we have not seen that much of hospitalization

Sounds like the best tactic is to wide open absolutely everything, hope that as many people as possible catch Omicron, and they get immunity boost from non-dangerous variant before potentially more dangerous one comes along

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,090 ·
Mzukwa said

WHO ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Mzukwa said that very few people are being admitted to the hospital and the South African health care system is not under pressure.

Asked about hospitalizations across the country, which have been seen as trending up over the last month, Mzukwa said that even in the province where the Omicron variant is concentrated, “we have not seen that much of hospitalization

Sounds like the best tactic is to wide open absolutely everything, hope that as many people as possible catch Omicron, and they get immunity boost from non-dangerous variant before potentially more dangerous one comes along
interesting that they pointed out that 90% of the hospitalizations were the unvaccinated.

·
Registered
17,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7,094 ·
No news on better or worse symptoms that would solve the debate between the Moderna CEO and others on vaccine protection against the Omicron variant.

The Moderna CEO was optimistic in the morning, met with his science teams and was far less optimistic later in the day.

The public is getting conflicted views and we will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
interesting that they pointed out that 90% of the hospitalizations were the unvaccinated.
90% of the Omicron hospitalizations or all hospitalizations?
For a country with 24% of population fully vaccinated that would show vaccines still offer some protection from hospitalization.
The question is whether protection from infection is even lower than 20% for delta

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
No news on better or worse symptoms that would solve the debate between the Moderna CEO and others on vaccine protection against the Omicron variant.

The Moderna CEO was optimistic in the morning, met with his science teams and was far less optimistic later in the day.

The public is getting conflicted views and we will have to wait and see.
... yep first Moderna's "CEO" said "not good news" and then Pfizer's "top scientist" said 'we're prepared". Here's Pfizer's top scientist's quip:

Pfizer's top scientist, Mikael Dolsten, tells us the 2 factors that will determine if Omicron is a true threat and shares Pfizer's worst-case-scenario plan

I think I'll go with the top scientist's read as much as I respect Moderna's vaccine. But the initial projection/comments from its "CEO" leaves me bewildered. Where're Moderna's scientists or medical experts?

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
I trust the top scientist from Pfizer even less than I trust Fauci.
... whatever. Just in case you can't distinguish, Dr. A. Fauci isn't the vaccine developer. And you can continue with your daily trolling attempts.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
I didn't say he was a vaccine developer, I said I didn't trust him.
... no doubt when you don't respond to the entire context where you trust the Pfizer's top scientist instead. So what's the point of your response? A whatever if not the trolling, I'm guessing.

7081 - 7100 of 7858 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.