Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Oh I agree with most of that. But blaming those in charge is too simple. I think the root problem is that the majority of people think about short term gains, therefore politicians think about short term gains (to be reelected), and we end up with "let's try and kick the can a little further" as our policy. None of that can really change as long as we have idiots voting. Anyone proposing to do the right thing will simply be voted out and replaced by someone willing to do the wrong thing to deliver short term joy. It will take someone very clever to convince people to vote for long term solutions.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
I look at Zoocasa every couple days , prices are going for asking and some over this week but not much has closed in past 3 days.Now that new construction is shut down it may have exact opposite impact and they actually go higher,it is all about supply and demand .

·
Registered
953 Posts
I look at Zoocasa every couple days , prices are going for asking and some over this week but not much has closed in past 3 days.Now that new construction is shut down it may have exact opposite impact and they actually go higher,it is all about supply and demand .
Supply should go up soon as speculators and those who over-leveraged themselves are forced to sell, and demand is already falling off a cliff (unemployed people don't buy real estate).

·
Registered
130 Posts
The argument is that Toronto home prices is an unsustainable inflated bubble.

Does this same argument can be made to the New York RE market or even the San Francisco RE market?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Back in 2000s i also use to think that the Toronto RE bubble will burst, kept me in the sidelines waiting for it to burst. In 2005 I changed my tune. If I cant beat them, join them. I’m heavy in real estate right know. There have been some blimps but as some posters noted they have been small and short term in effect.
Granted that the situation that we are in is a tad different ;-)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts