Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just joined the forum. Recent grad from university and I'm currently taking my CIFC mutual funds license course.

To others who have passed this exam, how did you find it? Is there any area's that I should study more than others? Any advice? I started studying last week and I just finished unit 1 regulatory environment. So far it doesn't seem too hard some of it I learned in business school.

Looking forward to hearing about others experience, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
^ I'm not sure this is the place to ask for advice on how to handle / pass course exams or the curriculum itself for that matter. (Doesn't the teaching institute offer that?) Especially with "mutual funds" licensing courses here on this forum...LOL.

Interesting that licensing body started you out with the Regulatory Environment course first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
probably those sites offering practice exercises and guides know this info, we here can't tell you anything useful, I guess. When I was preparing for my cisco certification, I couldn't find any useful accurate info in the internet. The only site I found actually trustworthy and full of various info available in free mode was spotoclub.com. I really appreciated that they have professional supportive team and they're kinda experienced in all these. Thus, my cisco certification went fine and now my salary was boosted, hooray!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I took it in 1999, so it may be a little different now. At that time you had to calculate things like yield to maturity on bonds of various lengths manually without the use of a calculator so that was a bit tricky for me. Many questions were multiple choice but some are tricky and need to be think some of them over carefully. Overall not to hard and you learn alot from this course.

*Know your formulas. Math is given quite a bit of consideration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts