Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I think it's extremely unlikely the wall will be built in it's entirety but nearly certain (assuming the recount is hot air and Trump wins) that some of the wall will be built. These companies sound like a good risk to me, at least, based on the border wall construction likelihood.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own VMC, which should benefit from much of the Wall (if it happens) and infrastructure spend. In Canada, take a look at WSP Global Inc. The do services, like architecture and engineering, with no construction risk. Might be a way to play the whole theme but diversify the risk.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
I own VMC, which should benefit from much of the Wall (if it happens) and infrastructure spend. In Canada, take a look at WSP Global Inc. The do services, like architecture and engineering, with no construction risk. Might be a way to play the whole theme but diversify the risk.

4 well-known canadian infrastructure companies, among others, have done well recently.

the 4, in no particular order other than SNC which would be the largest, are SNC lavalin, Bird, Aecon & WSP (used to be Genivar.)

WSP only recently expanded outside canada, i believe. SNC would have the oldest multinational history, including libya where it got itself into big trouble not long ago (the shares collapsed) (it was a lovely time to buy)

cmf forum has extensive threads on snc, bird, aecon. I recall that a cmffer added another canadian name to one of these threads, i believe the name was Wajax. In the US, names include Jacobs engineering ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts