Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be on CBC television tomorrow night representing the "average investor". I spoke with a producer at the CBC tonight so we will see if they decide to call me in. Should be fun if it happens!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Why in the world would they choose someone with your experience, qualifications and investment style as an "average investor"? You're about as non-average as it gets.

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why in the world would they choose someone with your experience, qualifications and investment style as an "average investor"? You're about as non-average as it gets.
After speaking with the producer she admitted that I wouldn't really represent the "average investor", but my viewpoint, nonetheless, is interesting. It will be up to her if she decides to put me on. She mentioned the other people who might be on the show and asked me if I knew them - I have no idea who they were.

I didn't ask what show she is casting for because I've done this before - they may not even call me in. If it happens it's usually always last minute (calling me at 4:30p to come in for the show that airs at 6:00p).

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are they asking you to comment on your investments or how the current economic situation affects investment in general. I watched something a bit back when the downturn started and people gave really good honest advice and there thoughts on how it affected it was very enlightening.
I did an interview with CBC at the end of 2007 when things were just starting to get rougher. I told them that, if things continue to tank, to get ready for a great time ahead for buying!

Apparently Canadians took the opposite advice and started unloading :(

·
Banned
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Producer didn't need me yesterday. Says she will call me today. She doesn't know what she wants to do with me (if anything). She says that she is concerned that my viewpoints and investment results are the opposite of the general viewership.

Apparently I was wrong about the news being for local. It's for the National. I think my viewpoint and results would make most viewers feel less than happy. My guess would be that they use somebody else.

===

Hi Mr. Chuong,

I was hoping you might be able to help me out on a story I'm producing for The National.

We're doing a piece on the economy - where are we now after the downturn of last September, how are we faring and moving forward, and Ineed to find an everyday investor who we could talk to about how they coped the last year.

Do you think you would know anyone we might be able to approach?

Please let me know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Perlita Stroh
Producer
CBC News
B:416-205-7349 C: 416-805-0984
www.cbc.ca

1 - 9 of 9 Posts