Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a dual-citizen originally from Canada and have lived in California since 2009.

Looking for a tax accountant to help me file Canadian taxes, who is familiar with non-resident rules.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm a dual-citizen originally from Canada and have lived in California since 2009.

Looking for a tax accountant to help me file Canadian taxes, who is familiar with non-resident rules.

Thanks! :)
There should be lots of tax preparers or accountants that can help you file your Canadian tax return. It may be harder to find someone to help you with your US return and information reporting requirements. Be careful with how the US requires you to file and report your Canadian information! It sounds like you have financial ties to Canada still.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, no financial ties with Canada. I just got a letter from the CRA telling me to file my 2011. I haven't filed the last few years ;)

There should be lots of tax preparers or accountants that can help you file your Canadian tax return. It may be harder to find someone to help you with your US return and information reporting requirements. Be careful with how the US requires you to file and report your Canadian information! It sounds like you have financial ties to Canada still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts