Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Is it odd that there is no Canadian ETF list, or section, on TDW Webbroker? Do other Canadian online discount brokers offer assistance in identifying ETF's?

I am new to TDW's Webbroker but it seems like it provides little assistance unless you know the exact ETF you are looking for. Would be happy if someone set me straight and told me I was wrong. I know for their US counterpart they have a huge section dedicated to ETFs.

Of course I could use google to find the information I need. I kind of thought the discount broker might have a section regarding it.

Cheers
Sdust

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
sdust, if you are just looking for the symbols and description, it may be best to visit the website directly. For example, if you are interested in the ETF XIU, visit ishares.ca and readup on them. Some others are claymore, vanguard, bmo etc.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Do other Canadian online discount brokers offer assistance in identifying ETF's?
RBC Direct investing does.

But as others have mentioned, no real need to use this as the info is widely available from other channels much more easily.

·
Banned
2 Posts
More sources for ETFs

I don't think it's wise to expect much by way of informational resources from a discount broker. After all, that's supposedly how they keep your transaction costs down.

I think they all also implicitly acknowledge that they can't compete with other valuable sources.

The other suggestions in this thread are good, but I want to add... http://www.tmx.com/en/pdf/ETF_List.xls That link will download all Canadian ETFs automatically from the TSX's own web site. It'll always be the most current, since they're the ones listing ETFs on the exchange. The Excel file also contains lots of other valuable information.

I use that source for my own database of all Canadian and US ETFs at...

http://ETF.ProfiTrend.com

Mine is a paid-service, however, since I add additional information to each ETF, including trend and consistency values, so you can pick the fastest movers on a price basis and/or sort them on a variety of fields.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts