Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Yup, options for young people/families with good jobs and good incomes are shrinking and shrinking.
Housing prices are insane. My Wife and I combined make around 200k/year, and that seems to be barely enough income to afford a decent house in most major cities. Forget Toronto. Thankfully we have been in the housing market for 9 years, and have some equity built in our two properties. If it weren't for that, I don't know how we would afford to start fresh into this market.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I live in the Deep South and currently find no diificulty in getting to the airport due to the ring road. However, you should be aware that a lot of home construnction is forecast for Calgary south. In a few years, I expect the ring road will suffer congestion issues. My recommendation - Airdrie or north Calgary east of Deerfoot.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Edmonton's ring road is about a decade ahead of Calgarys. So you can look to see what will happen in terms of congestion. As mentioned, as sprawl increases, there are parts of the ring road that will have significant congestion during busy times (in Edmonton that's in the Southwest).

21 - 23 of 23 Posts