Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone know if i have a business visa card, it's a corp. card by it's in my name has my name on it. I planning on closing the business, no bankrupt, just no business.
I have a bit of a balance on the bus. card about $1000. If close the account will the default follow me to my personal credit rating? I'd like to recoup some of those high banking fees. Will i be able to get another card? will be credit rating be fried?

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know if i have a business visa card, it's a corp. card by it's in my name has my name on it. I planning on closing the business, no bankrupt, just no business.
I have a bit of a balance on the bus. card about $1000. If close the account will the default follow me to my personal credit rating? I'd like to recoup some of those high banking fees. Will i be able to get another card? will be credit rating be fried?
Have you thought about paying it off? It sounds like it's in your name.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes i could pay it. I'm just pissed off about all the fee's and constant problems with visa. For example, i took a taxi and payed with the visa, the company added a $5 tip. I try to dispute this visa make it difficult for the consumer and easy for the business to rip you off. Extreme fitness is another story, they are fraudsters (see myfit.ca for 100's of reports) but are in bed with Visa.
Why doesn't visa denies them service? I really think visa a dishonest company, they are in the business of tricking people. I have money, i don't want or need credit. I need convenience. Unfortunately life in the modern world is difficult without a credit card. Our government should do more.
Any ideas how to live without a credit card card?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Any ideas how to live without a credit card card?
Carry cash and/or a debit card?

For example, i took a taxi and payed with the visa, the company added a $5 tip. I try to dispute this visa make it difficult for the consumer and easy for the business to rip you off. Extreme fitness is another story, they are fraudsters (see myfit.ca for 100's of reports) but are in bed with Visa.
But from what you're saying, it sounds, to me, like this is the fault of the business that you visited, and not necessarily Visa's fault.

Instead of giving up your credit card, you could just stop shopping at places which you feel are ripping you off.

K.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Yeah, sounds like it is the businesses that are getting you.

Gym memberships are known to sometimes charge people monthly fees when they are no longer members.

As per the taxi, I also hate it when restaurants change a nominal fee (18%) gratuity. I really don't mind tipping well for good service. I just don't like to be forced to tip well, if the service sucks.

Pay off your Visa, don't get another one if you don't like their service, however, I am sure you won't find much different with Mastercard or AMEX.

You may be surprised how many businesses take cash! ;)

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hello Friends......

When it comes to credit matters, it's always a good idea to cut right to the chase. So yes, any business credit card you have through your company can affect your credit report. How those business card charges affect your credit report, however, can depend on you — more specifically, how you choose to handle your company's decision to grant you a business credit card.

As it is with anything related to your credit report, business credit card activity can affect your chances for getting a mortgage — just as any activity on your credit report can affect your credit score. So, to avoid undo credit problems, there are a few things you can do to safeguard your credit report and your corresponding credit score.

Thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would the credit card company sue for the amount of say 1-3k or would they just screw your credit rating? How long does your credit rating stay marked, for life?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts