Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is a jpg from an article by rob carrick on how to move money into higher paying but still safe investments
the most interesting bit was a little comparison of bond pricing by different retailers ... it looks like iTrade is coming ahead of the rest by selling at wholesale (the CBID price) plus their stated markup ... i thought this was interesting .. i just wish they had a better set of bonds to offer retail investors ....

i also noticed that hank cunnigham has come up with a set of new bond recommends here at stockchase .. it's worth a look if you are into bonds

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting this.
I did manage to call iTrade this Thu. and was going to post an update on the other thread.
They said that the yields have been adjusted to the pricing that they get from their suppliers.
They are able to use all of Scotia Capital's and SMDI resources to obtain the best pricing.

Regarding your point about the inventory, you can call them and ask for a quote for a specific bond that you want.
They said not everything is listed on the website.
They'll get you an immediate quote if they have it; if not, they will attempt to obtain it and then get you a quote.

·
Banned
94 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting this.
I did manage to call iTrade this Thu. and was going to post an update on the other thread.
They said that the yields have been adjusted to the pricing that they get from their suppliers.
They are able to use all of Scotia Capital's and SMDI resources to obtain the best pricing.

Regarding your point about the inventory, you can call them and ask for a quote for a specific bond that you want.
They said not everything is listed on the website.
They'll get you an immediate quote if they have it; if not, they will attempt to obtain it and then get you a quote.
Alas, you wonder how much this eats the bottom line...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts