·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
To use a baseball analogy...........

The sneer is gone from Donald's lip, his teeth are clenched in hate,
He pounds with cruel violence his bat upon the plate;
And now the pitcher holds the ball, and now he lets it go,
And now the air is shattered by the force of Donald's blow.

Oh, somewhere in this favoured land the sun is shining bright,
The band is playing somewhere, and somewhere hearts are light;
And somewhere men are laughing, and somewhere children shout,
But there is no joy in Trumpville—mighty Donald has struck out.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Probably because it's misinformation. Fact check: Vote spikes in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania do not prove election fraud

Later on, they state that there were only 1.8M mail-in ballots sent out and 2.4M mail-in ballots received PA Hearing Expert Witness: "The Biden Injection" Vote Dump of 600K - 570K Went For Biden, 3200 for Trump - Geller Report News. Except that 2.6M ballots were requested: Mail-in ballot requests pass 2.6M in Pennsylvania.
bgc, you're playing word games.

The problem is that there are dozens of reports of irregularities, which is a concern.
Your counter that it isn't fraud is quite disengenuous, when they find hundreds of uncounted votes, like they did in Wisconsin, that's a problem. Fraud or "simple mistakes" it doesn't matter.

There is basically no chance that Trump will win, no matter how much they dig into the irregularities.

That being said, dismissing concerns about voter irregularities is wrong.
Biden will win, Trump will lose, but voting irregularities should be addressed.

·
Registered
18,936 Posts
The problem is that there are dozens of reports of irregularities, which is a concern.
. . .
That being said, dismissing concerns about voter irregularities is wrong.
When Trump's team went to court repeatedly (was it dozens of times?) they never presented any evidence. Even when the judges asked for it, they presented no evidence of fraud. The Trump team had plenty of chances to demonstrate fraud; their lawyers have been asked for it repeatedly.

Repeatedly challenging the results of a democratic election, when there is no evidence of fraud, and no margin that is THIN enough to change the election outcome, is anti-democratic behaviour. But that's what the Republicans do now ... they don't respect American democracy.

Contrary to your claims MrMatt, nobody dismissed the irregularities. The courts, and media, have been all ears. Show us the evidence of the fraud. The judges asked too: wow that sounds serious, show me the evidence.

Oh, you have no evidence?

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
When is Giuliani going to "release the Kraken" ? I want to be stay inside that day.

Meanwhile, Trump pardoned another turkey.......General Flynn. He was a traitor to his country, lied to the FBI and should be in prison.

Flynn was being paid by Turkey and meeting with the Russians while serving as the National Security Advisor to the US. ..........unbelievable.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
When Trump's team went to court repeatedly (was it dozens of times?) they never presented any evidence. Even when the judges asked for it, they presented no evidence of fraud. The Trump team had plenty of chances to demonstrate fraud; their lawyers have been asked for it repeatedly.

Repeatedly challenging the results of a democratic election, when there is no evidence of fraud, and no margin that is THIN enough to change the election outcome, is anti-democratic behaviour. But that's what the Republicans do now ... they don't respect American democracy.

Contrary to your claims MrMatt, nobody dismissed the irregularities. The courts, and media, have been all ears. Show us the evidence of the fraud. The judges asked too: wow that sounds serious, show me the evidence.

Oh, you have no evidence?
No evidence?
The rulings I read said that it wasn't enough evidence.

My point is that when people raise concerns about irregularities, people like bcg claim "no evidence of fraud".

They're trying to conflate irregularities with fraud, then by claiming no evidence of fraud, are trying to dismiss the irregularities by association.

So yes, there are people doing that, they're right here in this thread.
It is possible to believe there are likely some irregularities, and that Biden won the election at the same time.

Do I think there was an intentional systematic attempt to swing the election for Biden.
Yes, it's very clear that when they decide that signatures don't have to match for the vote to be valid that there is something fishy going on.

That being said, the fact that they changed rules, or blatantly broke them and courts upheld them means "it's legit".

So yes, Biden won, maybe if they didn't bend the rules he would have still won. But maybe not.
They wouldn't be pushing for last minute, unlegislated rule changes if they thought it was going to be a blowout.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Social gatherings in USA. Nice family picture and no doubt a nice family. But, was this acceptable on Nov 4th?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
The problem is that most of the time, the affidavits are full of complaints that have nothing to do with irregularities, but reflect what they see and lack of understanding of the process.

For example:
Many observers said they saw poll workers enter the birthdate of Jan. 1, 1900, for some voters. George Azzouz, Detroit's director of elections, told CNN recently that "the date of January 1, 1900, is often used in the electronic poll book as a temporary placeholder for absentee ballots arriving just before Election Day."

or just complaints about perceived bias:
"I witnessed election workers open ballots with Donald Trump votes and respond by rolling their eyes and showing it to other poll workers. I believe some of these ballots may not have been properly counted," said Artricia Bomer, a Republican challenger at the TCF, without providing evidence as to how the ballots were improperly counted.

Or here's another one:

'As a final note, I did find it odd that, throughout the day/night, I saw a few dozen military ballots be counted,' according to one affidavit accompanying the suit.
'
Although I cannot provide specific numbers or names, I can estimate that at least 80% of the military ballots I saw were straight ticket democrat or simply had Joe Biden's name filled in on them. I had always been told that military personnel tended to be more conservative, so this stuck out to me as the day went on,' GOP poll watcher Braden Giacobazzi wrote.

And some have walked back their affidavits when questioned. Williams prof disavows own finding of mishandled GOP ballots

Of course, there's the fact that somehow the irregularities favoured Biden, yet, Republicans gained in the House, and the Senate is still a toss-up.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Republicans legislators were elected down ballot on the same ballots that Trump is challenging are corrupt.

Why would Democrat "no gooders" vote for Biden and then a slate of Republicans on the same fake ballot ?

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Social gatherings in USA. Nice family picture and no doubt a nice family. But, was this acceptable on Nov 4th?
If that was taken on November 4.....then no, it isn't acceptable.

Unfortunately, there is a long list of politicians, leaders, and medical experts who have skirted the recommended restrictions.

Still, that doesn't mean I want to expose myself to the virus to prove a point......like some are willing to do.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
If that was taken on November 4.....then no, it isn't acceptable.

Unfortunately, there is a long list of politicians, leaders, and medical experts who have skirted the recommended restrictions.

Still, that doesn't mean I want to expose myself to the virus to prove a point......like some are willing to do.
... maybe everyone was holding their breath there for the photo-op??? Oh Biden, first boo boo.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #55 (Edited)
Much worse than a "boo boo" I am thinking. Nothing like serving the anti maskers and right wing conservatives a juicy talking point on a Thanksgiving platter.

It is a legit photo and from CNN with an opinion piece from Biden.

Worse than the photo is the opinion piece, where Biden talks about people not being with their families this year and then stands there grinning with his family.

Biden is in the highest risk category. He has had some serious medical problems in the past and is 78 years old. He is also the incoming President of the US.

I hope he shows a lot better judgement in the future.

Biden's health issues :

"He currently treats Biden for four issues: non-valvular atrial fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm), hyperlipidemia (high levels of fat in blood), gastroesophageal reflux and seasonal allergies. The former vice president takes three prescription and two over-the-counter medicines for the ailments. O’Connor added that Biden does not drink alcohol or use tobacco, while he exercises at least five days a week.

Biden has no history of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attacks, or neurological disorders, his doctor wrote. O’Connor listed two brain aneurysms found in 1988, one of which caused a hemorrhage, as Biden’s most significant health issue. The Democrat has also had localized, non-melanoma skin cancer removed several times."

Given the above, Biden suffers from high cholestoral and artery damage which is causing the aneurysms. Combined with atrial fib that puts him at very high risk of a stroke. The statins, blood thinners, and heart rythmn medications also have very serious undesirable side effects, such as uncontrolled bleeding.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Much worse than a "boo boo" I am thinking. Nothing like serving the anti maskers and right wing conservatives a juicy talking point on a Thanksgiving platter.

Worse than the photo is the opinion piece, where Biden talks about people not being with their families this year and then stands there grinning with his family.

Biden is in the highest risk category. He has had some serious medical problems in the past and is 78 years old. He is also the incoming President of the US.

Good luck, I bet the analysis will show Biden was elected as the "Not Trump" Candidate.
He's the candidate of the elites, like Trudeau, he doesn't think the health guidance should apply to him.

I agree, he's old and unhealthy.

I actually think he's displaying clear signs of cognitive decline.
Hopefully his handlers smarten up.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Don't worry, the fix is in and Biden will soon be the new President. Then things will go back to normal. The same old crowd of grafters, spooks and war mongers will be in charge, there will be a new round of wars against brown people around the world, everyone's taxes will go back up, there will be more lockdowns, more people will lose their jobs, more small businesses will go under, and the billionaires who finally managed to get rid of that loose canon Trump will rake in a few more billions.

Meanwhile Joe will be trying to decide between the Jello and the applesauce, while Kamela Harris thinks she is running things. Everything will be just peachy.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts

Biden's health issues :

"He currently treats Biden for four issues: non-valvular atrial fibrillation (irregular heart rhythm), hyperlipidemia (high levels of fat in blood), gastroesophageal reflux and seasonal allergies. The former vice president takes three prescription and two over-the-counter medicines for the ailments. O’Connor added that Biden does not drink alcohol or use tobacco, while he exercises at least five days a week.

Biden has no history of diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attacks, or neurological disorders, his doctor wrote. O’Connor listed two brain aneurysms found in 1988, one of which caused a hemorrhage, as Biden’s most significant health issue. The Democrat has also had localized, non-melanoma skin cancer removed several times."

Given the above, Biden suffers from high cholestoral and artery damage which is causing the aneurysms. Combined with atrial fib that puts him at very high risk of a stroke. The statins, blood thinners, and heart rythmn medications also have very serious undesirable side effects, such as uncontrolled bleeding.
... then in that case, Harris gets to run the house. His choice.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
Good luck, I bet the analysis will show Biden was elected as the "Not Trump" Candidate.
He's the candidate of the elites, like Trudeau, he doesn't think the health guidance should apply to him.

I agree, he's old and unhealthy.

I actually think he's displaying clear signs of cognitive decline.
Hopefully his handlers smarten up.
Well, worst case, we have a president starting to decline cognitively replacing a president with little cognitive capacity to begin with. This whole line of attack fell flat because Trump is an incurious dullard. I know it was a feeble attempt to recap the attack on Hillary who was supposedly at death's door. Matt is helpfully parroting this rather unsubstantiated idea.

·
Registered
13,223 Posts
Don't worry, the fix is in and Biden will soon be the new President. Then things will go back to normal. The same old crowd of grafters, spooks and war mongers will be in charge, there will be a new round of wars against brown people around the world, everyone's taxes will go back up, there will be more lockdowns, more people will lose their jobs, more small businesses will go under, and the billionaires who finally managed to get rid of that loose canon Trump will rake in a few more billions.

Meanwhile Joe will be trying to decide between the Jello and the applesauce, while Kamela Harris thinks she is running things. Everything will be just peachy.
You make it sound like Trump wasn't already ruling for the billionaires. Trump accomplished very little in office. One of those accomplishments was massive tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts