Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Biden picks thus far reveal a return to normalcy, with a cabinet of experienced, responsible leaders for their various responsibilities.

Interesting that Biden created a new national security position for climate change and named John Kerry to the position. Biden and Trudeau can work closely towards the transition to a sustainable green economy. I expect there will be tremendous activity in the next 4 years in solar, wind and other technologies.

Interesting that GM announced that over 50% of their models will be electrically powered in a few years. GM is spending billions to transition to green vehicles and the future of the company may depend on that successful transition.

With government and industry working together the future suddenly looks much brighter.

Janet Yellen is a widely hailed pick for Treasury. Business and Wall Street recognize her competent leadership at the Fed.

As a bonus, many of the appointees have well qualified people coming with them who served in high level of government only 4 years ago.

People are waiting to hear who the new AG will be. Will Biden pick someone who will aggressively pursue the Trumpsters or someone who will let it all go ?

Trump is now entering the "pardons to the Trump faithful" phase of his Presidency.

Will he resign and get a pardon from Pence or will he stick it out to the bitter end ?

It will be interesting to see what transpires during the remainder of the "lameduck" Presidency.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
People are waiting to hear who the new AG will be. Will Biden pick someone who will aggressively pursue the Trumpsters or someone who will let it all go ?
My guess answer to your question above is the second option. Biden is nowhere the pitbull (one of the many characters, including that of a chameleon as well) in the Dump.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is some concern about Trump still having access to the nuclear codes until Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, January 20.

The top general at the Pentagon was asked about this directly and he replied that he would refuse an "illegal" order to launch.

When asked what would happen if he was replaced to get someone who would order the launch, his reply was "we didn't get to the top level of the US military by being stupid". It has been reported that when Trump started threatening North Korea with a full nuclear attack and talking about dropping a nuclear weapon into a hurricane, the US military took notice of the flippancy of Trump's comments and made some changes to install some additional level of security to prevent the rash use of such weapons.

Still........January 20 can't come soon enough for many. Hand over the keys and GTFO.

Some suggested the codes have already been changed and if Trump uses that code......he will get a pepperoni pizza delivered to the White House.

·
Registered
18,936 Posts
I hope at this point Trump just goes golfing... it would be the best thing for the country.

Wall Street loves the Yellen pick. Actually, Wall Street loves all of this. Very positive to have experienced people in government.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I hope at this point Trump just goes golfing... it would be the best thing for the country.

Wall Street loves the Yellen pick. Actually, Wall Street loves all of this. Very positive to have experienced people in government.
.. +1. And give Twitter a rest.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope.......Trump heard on television that business people were crediting Biden's pick of Yellen for Treasury that caused the bump today.

So, he went down to the press conference, announced that it was all because of him and left.

Jim Acosta of CNN said it was the most "bizarre" thing he had ever seen in a WH press conference. He called it "weird".

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
There is some concern about Trump still having access to the nuclear codes until Biden is sworn in on Wednesday, January 20.

The top general at the Pentagon was asked about this directly and he replied that he would refuse an "illegal" order to launch.

When asked what would happen if he was replaced to get someone who would order the launch, his reply was "we didn't get to the top level of the US military by being stupid". It has been reported that when Trump started threatening North Korea with a full nuclear attack and talking about dropping a nuclear weapon into a hurricane, the US military took notice of the flippancy of Trump's comments and made some changes to install some additional level of security to prevent the rash use of such weapons.

Still........January 20 can't come soon enough for many. Hand over the keys and GTFO.

Some suggested the codes have already been changed and if Trump uses that code......he will get a pepperoni pizza delivered to the White House.
Read Tom Clancy books, and you'll know precisely what would happen if an illegal order to nuke was given.

Trump has to have the codes until the new President is sworn in.
Trump is the president, and here after nearly 4 years people don't want to accept that he's the President.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Nope.......Trump heard on television that business people were crediting Biden's pick of Yellen for Treasury that caused the bump today.

So, he went down to the press conference, announced that it was all because of him and left.

Jim Acosta of CNN said it was the most "bizarre" thing he had ever seen in a WH press conference. He called it "weird".
Strange since Trump didn't want Yellen because she wasn't tall enough.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tom Clancy is a fiction writer. I prefer to listen to the General who is actually there and he said......."we aren't stupid".

Feel free to interpret that however you want. I take it that the US military would refuse to obey an illegal launch order from any President.

If there is no launch incoming from another country......there isn't going to be a launch. That is one mistake that can't be undone.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hillary Clinton beat Trump. She had millions more votes. The Russians stole the election for Trump. Everyone knows that.

·
Registered
18,936 Posts
Hillary Clinton beat Trump. She had millions more votes. The Russians stole the election for Trump. Everyone knows that.
It's true that Clinton won the popular vote, but Trump did legitimately win the 2016 election based on how their system works. This was yet another one in a long series of US elections where Democrats win the popular vote and then lose the presidency.

The distinction is important because those are legitimate wins for Republicans (except 2000)

Russian interference has been confirmed by all US intelligence officials. But all we know for certain is (1) there was Russian interference and (2) the Russian position favoured Trump. These two points are openly documented and signed off on by the CIA, NSA, and FBI.

That is a little different than what you said in your post. We don't know if Russians changed the outcome for Trump. All we know is that they interfered, and wanted Trump to win.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
This post is a mix of lies and unsupported allegations. Really you should do better

The facts are quite simple.

Hilary Clinton lost to Trump.
Trump beat Clinton by exactly 77 votes.
Everyone should know that, but apparently they don't.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's true that Clinton won the popular vote, but Trump did legitimately win the 2016 election based on how their system works. This was yet another one in a long series of US elections where Democrats win the popular vote and then lose the presidency.

The distinction is important because those are legitimate wins for Republicans (except 2000)

Russian interference has been confirmed by all US intelligence officials. But all we know for certain is (1) there was Russian interference and (2) the Russian position favoured Trump. These two points are openly documented and signed off on by the CIA, NSA, and FBI.

That is a little different than what you said in your post. We don't know if Russians changed the outcome for Trump. All we know is that they interfered, and wanted Trump to win.
I don't believe Trump won legitimately.

I believe the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russian misinformation campaign and it made a difference in the margin thin victory for Trump.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No AG announced today. Too bad.......I was hoping it would be AOC. The Trumpsters would be freaking out........LOL.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
I don't believe Trump won legitimately.

I believe the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russian misinformation campaign and it made a difference in the margin thin victory for Trump.
And the DNC coordinated with a massive anti-Trump misinformation campaign.
To be clear, by misinformation I mean they attribute facts and positions to Trump that are not true.
Quite honestly I don't know why they saw the need to make up stuff, there is more than enough legitimate criticism.
But that's part of the game in US politics.

The end result is in 2016 Trump got 77 more votes than Clinton, and he won.

It looks like Biden is going to get more votes than Trump and he'll likely win.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Read Tom Clancy books, and you'll know precisely what would happen if an illegal order to nuke was given.
.. and who would be crazy enough to do that. Certainly not Biden as he hasn't been given the opportunity yet.

Trump has to have the codes until the new President is sworn in.
... he can have all the codes he want as long as the button is not executed.

Trump is the president, and here after nearly 4 years people don't want to accept that he's the President.
... which people? He's still popular amongst the MAGA Cult and then there's 2024 (and today is November 24, 2020 only) for a resurrection ... god forbid.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I don't know.......a 2024 run by one of the Trumps would make for entertaining TV.

Trump will hang around as long as he can and stronghold the Republican Party. They sold their soul to the devil and it is time to pay up.

Trump can make millions milking his idiot followers. They got more money than brains.......apparently.

·
Registered
13,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The end result is in 2016 Trump got 77 more votes than Clinton, and he won.

It looks like Biden is going to get more votes than Trump and he'll likely win.

It's all over. Biden wins by the same electoral votes as Trump, which Trump called a "landslide" victory.

Trump pardoned the Thanksgiving turkey today. He is now entering into the pardon zone of the lame duck Presidency.

Unfortunately for his criminal friends, he can't pardon all of their charges at the State level, but the fewer criminal charges the less they have to defend.

And then, Trump will need a President to pardon him. I don't think there is any way that Biden could pardon Trump and have Democrats accept it.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
... which people? He's still popular amongst the MAGA Cult and then there's 2024 (and today is November 24, 2020 only) for a resurrection ... god forbid.
Sags is "those people",still doesn't want to accept that Trump is the President.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts