Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at stocks to invest some of my TFSA funds into, and last night I found BA.UN. It pays a nice dividend each month (.934%). The price compared to where it has been in the past 7-8 months seems low.

Would anyone else care to share their thoughts on Bell Aliant (BA.UN).

Thanks

·
Banned
424 Posts
The payout ratio is 1.2x earnings. I don't see room for growth that way. When I was looking at telecommunications stocks last month I picked T.A. Telus has a 0.6x payout ratio, and had good Price/Everything ratios compared to their peers. The dividend is 5.5%.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. How about YLO.UN, a little higher dividend, but they seem to be paying out slightly less than they earn. My main concern for YellowPages is how well they will be able to sustain growth with advertising switching to online advertising.

·
Banned
424 Posts
I identified YLO.UN on a value screen, and bought some last month for my TFSA, but I sold half at $6.21 for a quick little profit. I was getting nervous about that very issue.

FWIW I used the proceeds and income to buy CHL.UN. There's and interesting micro cap that is growing nicely. 10% dividend and 0.6 payout ratio.

I am focusing on high income for my TFSA so the income stream can be used in emergencies.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Yellow Pages group has been acquiring high traffic online properties such as Red Flag Deals. 411.ca etc. Hopefully they can continue to be aggressive in building their online presence.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts