Canadian Money Forum banner

381 - 388 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
16,298 Posts
What software are you using for the charts?
Stockcharts is pretty amazing. Here's a link to a chart like that, which shows cumulative total return of two things.

http://schrts.co/frDfgRpP

BCE is in blue, TSX 60 index is in black. Both are total returns including all dividends. That second symbol is entered under Indicators, near the bottom of the chart settings.

Some other stocks that have handily outperformed the index are: RY, TD, CNR, CP, T, FTS

And here's a fun chart. It shows BCE, RY, T in black compared to XIU (index) in purple. You can see how this group has really outperformed the index since 2009: http://schrts.co/SxGCuHjx

group-vs-xiu.png

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thoughts on BCE?

BCE looks pretty good right now, has a long track record of steady growth and obviously impacted like the rest of the market at the moment, good time to buy I'm thinking?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Everyday stocks look like a good buy, then they go lower. I don't see what is stopping the TSX from hitting 4 digits. There is no precedent for what our leaders are doing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wondering if the federal government will back off from their telecom affordability crusade because of how social distancing needs have illustrated the importance of maintaining solid communications infrastructure?
Or will affordability be even more top of mind due to all the layoffs/job loss pain?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Within a week, the stock price recovered from a low of $46.03 to $57.73, only about 10% lower than pre-COVID prices. My guess is that many people working from home is benefiting the telecom industry. Any other reason for the swift recovery?

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
People can't be detached from the internet for more than a minute at a time....BCE makes cocaine producers look like amateurs when it comes to cash flow.

381 - 388 of 388 Posts