Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been working for a company for the past 8 months part time (20hr/wk). I send them an invoice and they pay me directly into my bank with no deductions taken - I am not technically on the payroll and don't receive any payslips, essentially self employed.

Is it possible for them to put me on the payroll for the past 8 months by making a lump sum payment of what my deductions would have been and issue me with payslips?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
Being converted from a consultant or contractor to employee ... I have heard of and seen. The part I doubt is catching up with a lump sum and essentially back dating The place I have seen back dating is for company controlled things like buying pension past service.

I haven't seen anything barring it but signing paperwork to be an employee going forward seems more common.

I can't think of why the various groups like CPP or EI or CRA would balk at it as it's more money for their programs.

Keep in mind that CRA has been reported to have reviewed contractors using factors such as decision making authority, number of clients and such to rule that the contractor is really an employee. It may be in both the company and your interest to switch to being an employee.

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts