Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
Hey all,

I see a lot of reference on this forum to "Argo's 5-Pack". I just want to confirm that this is referring to one of his posts back in January 2012 (http://canadianmoneyforum.com/showthread.php/10219-Canadian-dividend-paying-stocks), where the 5-pack is outlined as below and nothing has changed since 2012.

1x Telecom: BCE, Telus
1x Bank: TD, BNS
1x Pipeline: ENB, TRP, IPL.UN
1x REIT: REI.UN, REF.UN
1x Utility: FTS, EMA, CU

Thanks!!

hey :peach:

it was always paramount to argo that investors be flexible in their choices. You've already shown this by picking up that, way back in 2012, argo was suggesting a pair of stocks or even more, in each category.

what was important to the navigator is that investors be diversified & also that they research their small number of stellar picks very carefully. He never meant readers to slavishly follow his list, he just wanted his list to illustrate his quality-selection approach.

missing among argo's sectors are consumer stocks & pharmaceutical/health stocks, probably because they are generally sparse among canadian companies. Investors can compensate for these with a US stock or even a US sector ETF, though.

·
Registered
15,839 Posts
^^

what a wonderful story. Her employer is contributing $500 per month to a stock portfolio that she picks & runs herself? lucky girl. Great employer. Absolutely great father.

it's a paradigm story for every family trying to nurture an emerging investor. We should dream up a catchy name for this (believe it or not, i'm the party who named argo's list the Argo 5-Pack) (years ago) (the name stuck)

Eder's something ... with a tri or the number three?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.