Well, I'm about to start the Smith Manoeuvre, and I'm pumped, but pissed at the latest market rally.
I, by nature, try to time the market. I try to fight it, but I'm always fixated on making things the *best they can be*, so I need to go in low.
Once my SM is fully up and running, I'll be satisfied, because each month I'll have $700-$800 to invest like clock work - I'm not going to sit on it and wait. I'll just invest it on that day into what company I want.
That being said, I've got an initial lump sum to invest on the order or $22k, and yes, I'm in it for the long haul, so I shouldn't care about where my entry point is, but the "buy on weakness" in me wants to wait for a large correction. But what if a large correction comes in 2 weeks, and the trough of the correction is actually higher than were we stand right now? Arrrggghhh! But on the flip side, once invested, I could care less if this is a dead-cat bounce, and we see lower lows in the months ahead. I can handle volatility, and I certainly won't be loosing sleep (25 year window). Shoot.. I'll be thankful once this is past me and I'm into my monthly SM investments choices.
Timing is less critical on $800 bucks than it is on $22k. Ahhhh... the human brain....
Anyhow, in respect to the topic subject, yes, I am definitely a buyer in this market. Quality stocks are definitely on sale. Buy when others panic. I'm just struggling with how / when to stage in my lump sum.