VENTURE = 0.7
LAST 400 DAYS CAP GAIN = 15%, DIVIDENDS & INTEREST = 2.4%
MOSTLY EQUITIES, SOME ETFs
CDN = 69%, US = 31%
TOTAL EQUITIES = 34, ETFS = 5

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I wouldn't include your winter home- not really part of your investible assets unless you are selling it in the immediate future. Otherwise hard to evaluate unless you give us more data- eg age, objectives, other sources of income, pensions ,etc.

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The reason I included it, is because the money came out of the unregistered account. Bought it Nov 30 2009 c/w furniture etc. Our montly cost while renting in Yuma (6 months/year), was $1,800 and it is now $750.00. I consider the 'investment' as 'fixed' because homes in the area are in high demand and usually sell within 30 days.
We do not plan on keeping it forever, but it does represent a savings of (1,050 x 6), or $6,300 yearly. The cost was $110,000.00 and there are no expected repairs for 10 years. Therefore, considering it as a bond, the return is about 6% (not included in my div/int percentage).
My retirement income is $3,000.00/month - no debts, own new house, three vehicles, boat etc and need $4,000.00/month out of non-reg account, leaves principal growing...
Hope this info will help with your assesment - I do plan to slowly migrate to higher dividends because there is still a lot of growth left in the markts.
Thank you for your interest in my question

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you square root,
have removed winter home from holdings - sent a reply justifying its being on the list but for some reason my reply did not go through.
Sorry for the inconvenience

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sounds like you are in pretty good shape. I would reduce cash allocation and move into utility/pipes. Your justification concerning real estate was a little convoluted but in the end wasn't a big issue. Most investors don't try to mix cost saving initiatives with their investment portfolio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts