Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Yahoo the ticker has switched to XXX, although that doesn't actually work. On my broker's screen it's just blank now, no symbol. Anyone know if it's just a glitch or if Blackrock is doing something like moving/changing the fund?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I just find it weird that there is no mention of this anywhere, it's a fairly widely held stock, and as far as I can tell, noone can trade it at the moment, and haven't been able to all day, and yet I can't find any kind of news release or warning of a problem. Just a bit ominous.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I'm sure it is just a technical glitch on Yahoo.

Google finance is showing it correctly.
I agree this seems to be a technical glitch on Yahoo. My Yahoo Portal is displaying XIU correctly. But Yahoo Quotes on XIU doesn't work. XIC.TO, XDV.TO are not working either.

In any case, Yahoo or Google aren't the best sources for quotes. I'd go directly to a brokerage account to check on prices. TDW quote works just fine. Almost 5 million shares of XIU changed hands today. Relax!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Apparantly they just changed the name of the fund to take the CDN off the front (according to blackrock, who emailed me back after I posted), and some brokers/quoters can deal with that faster than others. Why they needed to do that, I have no idea, but at least it's nothing to worry about.

(And I was relaxed, just curious :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts