Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Business Insider is typically a reasonable source, and they claim the German govt has confirmed this. If so, it basically just confirms what we all think about Trump: despicable human being.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Business Insider is typically a reasonable source, and they claim the German govt has confirmed this. If so, it basically just confirms what we all think about Trump: despicable human being.
I'm not a Trump supporter but the only part of this that makes sense is they offered to buy vaccine research. The "not sharing" part is hard to understand as it would only harm the US and what would be the benefit? Sounds like Trump haters embellishing a story. But I'm sure CNN will be all over this with their unbiased coverage.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'm sure plenty of people would love to believe any anti-Trump story no matter how far fetched it is.

Some CMF people spend all of their time looking for dirt on Trump while completely ignoring Trudeau's many faults and flaws.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Makes no sense on any level. In other words sounds like bullshit to me. A US official has already called the story 'wildly overplayed' and 'We will continue to talk to any company that claims to be able to help,” he said. “And any solution found would be shared with the world.' Says the US has already approached at least 25 firms around the world in search of a vaccine and contributed seed money to any that looked promising.

But, if I was the CEO of a German medical research company I would look on this as a golden opportunity to pry more research grants out of the German government using a story like this as a lever.

The Financial Times version of the story https://www.ft.com/content/cf7ec42a-66bb-11ea-800d-da70cff6e4d3

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
^Paywall.

Sounds like the german govt took it as authentic. You can't blame this on media...

You are all acting as if Trump has behaved rationally through this. He didn't want to take passengers of that California cruise ship because it would make the numbers look worse. The guy is not up to this. At least the US government is bigger than him and his cronies and there are adults in the room.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I remember Trump wanted to ban travel from China early on, and was denounced as a racist. Also that infected cruise ships are being quarantined in various countries and Trump was ahead of the curve on that one too. I have followed Trump's career since Art of the Deal and I think he is a major league bullshit artist, at the same time he has made some remarkable achievements. I never thought he was fit to be President, but he has done a better job than I expected, in spite of being the victim of the most vicious propaganda campaign ever seen.

Update: Today Trudeau outlined new travel restrictions to Canada, same idea Trump was denounced for in January.

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
You are all acting as if Trump has behaved rationally through this. He didn't want to take passengers of that California cruise ship because it would make the numbers look worse. The guy is not up to this. At least the US government is bigger than him and his cronies and there are adults in the room.
The guy is so far out of his competency, there are simply no words to describe it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The guy is so far out of his competency, there are simply no words to describe it.
He is failing "bigly" on this without a doubt. Trump trying to "buy" a vaccine is certainly believable. Ironically I think he vaguely has the right idea though - that is a world-wide concerted effort to come up with an effective vaccine. His methods leave much to be desired.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
The German company is taxpayer funded and that is how the government learned of the offer. The story has been carried in reputable media.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The German company is taxpayer funded and that is how the government learned of the offer. The story has been carried in reputable media.
And we all know how reputable the media is... :biggrin:

After years of lies you keep getting sucked in every day by a new lie, then it gets disproven and you're not smart enough to catch on.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Here's more "reputable news" from an NYT editorial board member:

NYT's Mara Gay: "Trump told governors this morning they are on their own:
“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves,” Mr. Trump told the governors during the conference call, a recording of which was shared with The New York Times."

Actual quote by Trump: "“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves. We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.”

The NYT official tweet page also repeated the deceptive comment.

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Here's more "reputable news" from an NYT editorial board member:

NYT's Mara Gay: "Trump told governors this morning they are on their own:
“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves,” Mr. Trump told the governors during the conference call, a recording of which was shared with The New York Times."

Actual quote by Trump: "“Respirators, ventilators, all of the equipment — try getting it yourselves. We will be backing you, but try getting it yourselves. Point of sales, much better, much more direct if you can get it yourself.”

The NYT official tweet page also repeated the deceptive comment.
You mean like FOX news and Obama's 'you didn't build that' comment?

To be fair, Trump is kind of saying that they are on their own. Moral support only?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
What is the point to this thread other than to provide a platform for those who wish to post in favour of or against Trump?

There are more important things to focus your time and attention on right now.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts