Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time I consolidated all my RRSP GICs at various banks into one, and I'd prefer one that doesn't make it a job and a half to get a decent rate. I've been watching the last year or so and it seems like Outlook Financial always has the best GIC rates for 5 year GIC's so it would seem that's the way to go.

I was just wondering if there were any reasons not to use them? I have to admit to a bit of paranoia with the thought that "if something looks too good to be true, it probably is", but an extra .5% return across the board (compared to posted PC Financial, for example) on all my GIC's over at least 25 years just adds up to too much money not to look into it.

I've tried doing some searches... the problem is any results are drowned out by outlook the email program or financial outlooks and predictions... so I thought I'd see here if anyone had any experience or thoughts about them.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I've tried doing some searches... the problem is any results are drowned out by outlook the email program or financial outlooks and predictions... so I thought I'd see here if anyone had any experience or thoughts about them.
Quick lesson in Googling: if you put quotation marks around the exact phrase you're looking for, it'll come up first in the search.

So try doing this search:

"Outlook Financial"

That returns Outlook Financial as the first hit, and lots of other sites that refer to Outlook Financial.

If you want to get more sophisticated there are ways to exclude certain results, but this simple technique usually gets you what you're looking for pretty quickly.

Having said all that, I know nothing about Outlook Financial so can't help you there. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts