Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Quicken successfully for years, but one thing I can't get to work is updating of stock prices, when the symbol has a period in it. Such as "BBD.B", "AC.B", "YLO.UN", "AX.UN". Non-period stocks such as "MFC", "BMO", "Q", "CTL" work fine.

Does anyone track their stocks in Quicken, such that they can use the "update stock prices" feature to get the prices? If so, how do you enter ones with a period?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
I've been using Quicken successfully for years, but one thing I can't get to work is updating of stock prices, when the symbol has a period in it. Such as "BBD.B", "AC.B", "YLO.UN", "AX.UN". Non-period stocks such as "MFC", "BMO", "Q", "CTL" work fine.
It looks like this should work as long as you have no other extraneous spaces or forbidden characters in the symbol name (in other words it should be BBD.B as you wrote above). See the last note in this help file:

http://quicken.intuit.com/support/articles/using-quicken/investment/5847.html

If that's not working and you've specified the stock exchange correctly, you may need to contact Quicken support...I wonder if they've enabled this feature for US stocks only, and not for Canadian ones (where you have to include the exchange name TSE: before the stock symbol)

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
RCI.B and SJR.B work fine for me in Quicken 2010. I enter them just like that and then select the Exchange from a drop down menu

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.