Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got an annoying little problem (see screen shot below)All of a sudden the other day, when I minimize ( is that the right term? when you squeeze on a page with your thumb & finger, to make it smaller?) a page, it adds that little bit on the bottom...about my phone & Google.
The Apple forums tell me its something called " handoff", where the phone & ipad kinda communicate with each other....
I dont need it, i dont want it, Why did it just start??
anyhoo, a couple of their suggestions how to get rid of it didnt work (surprise, surprise), so thought I'd try here for help.
any suggestions?
538BDEC2-CA2E-439E-83DF-7190E6454BAB.png

·
Registered
611 Posts
Since no one else has answered...I'm not an iPAD or iPhone expert, but the only thing that comes to mind is akin to...
"Doc, it hurts when I do this"
'So, don't do that':)

·
Registered
6,956 Posts
iOS14 just released .2 so I would put the question on the internet. We have noticed some changes (not all nice initially)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Have you tried

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then turn on Handoff.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since no one else has answered...I'm not an iPAD or iPhone expert, but the only thing that comes to mind is akin to...
"Doc, it hurts when I do this"
'So, don't do that':)
or, I'm no gynaecologist, ...but I'll take a look.

Jargey: "Doc! How am I! Am I gonna be OK?"
Doc: "Don't worry, Jargey! You're gonna live to be 80!"
Jargey:"But Doc, I Am 80!"
Doc: "See? What'd I tell you?!"

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Have you tried

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
yup. didnt work. surprise, surprise!

edit: AHA! turned it Off on both my ipad AND my iphone!
gave me the option to "Close" on the bottom of the screen. Done! Disappeared. after few seconds!

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Why does it say Google at the bottom? Is this Chrome? Might be a google setting or Chrome update. Similar to handoff Chrome can open mobile tabs on desktop and vice versa

Also I use Brave now. It's a version of Chrome that protects your privacy and gives you the ad revenue in the form of BAT crypto. Chrome on the other hand collects all your data by design

1 - 9 of 9 Posts