Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend any good books about investing in preferred stocks and everything associated with that (tax considerations for Canadians etc.)?

Thanks,
Denis

·
Registered
14 Posts
Another resource is the website of James Hymas. This blog and informational site follows the market for Canadian preferreds daily and offers a lot of free research and educational pieces. In additiona he publishes a newsletter for a fee that recommends current issues and gives additional insite into this market.

www.prefblog.com

·
Registered
137 Posts
Another resource is the website of James Hymas. This blog and informational site follows the market for Canadian preferreds daily and offers a lot of free research and educational pieces. In additiona he publishes a newsletter for a fee that recommends current issues and gives additional insite into this market.

www.prefblog.com
I know that this is an old thread but speaking of that prefblog website, I found this thread on the Financial Webring where Hymas himself points out some errors/inconsistencies in Leslie's math. Leslie, perhaps you can use Mr. Hymas' note to correct your page.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just read "the investment zoo" by Stephen jarisloski.
The book says preferred shares are not preferred at all.

He's a billionaire so if he says not to buy preferred, then I won't.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Tom Connolly is against them as well.

However for those at/near retirement they may be a viable option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts