Canadian Money Forum banner

Anti vax protests

5K views 90 replies 15 participants last post by  MrMatt 
#1 ·
Not sure if these are happening cross country…but it sickens me that people are protesting outside hospitals In Toronto. Some People entering hospitals are having the worst day of their lives….accidents, cancer treatments, heart attacks. Go protest at The Legislature.
Sky Photograph Cloud Shorts Building
Handwriting Crowd Tree Event City

See less See more
#3 ·
In any large population, there will inevitably be a number of half wits.
We seem to have more than our share in Alberta. Some of them in our Provincial Government. Unclear to me why these protests are in front of health facilities. Could be all about their burning desire to obtain media coverage. Protesting in front on the steps of city hall or the Provincial capital would be ho hum.

#4 ·
BC has experienced a similar thing and they have been shamed by the population at large, politicians and government officials. Protests are now in front of provincial buildings but get minimal to zero media coverage. The media is partly to blame for this of course but we don't seem to have a lot of bright lights in that profession in recent times.

The appropriate solution would be to triage unvaccinated covid patients out of ER into the parking lots across the street.

#5 ·
I categorically disapprove of violent protests.
I don't think they should protest at hospitals, however I am very leery of restricting where people can protest.

Creating a free speech zone is basically saying that everywhere else that right doesn't exist, and that's a dangerous precedent.

#6 ·
Protests should require a permit and permission of the land owner.......on public or private land.

Just like you can't hold a parade downtown Toronto that will inconvenience everyone else, you can't hold a protest that inconveniences others.

It doesn't have to be complicated.

#14 ·
I do and don't agree. They'll simply deny permits. I do not think that any government official should be able to decide which protests are okay and which are not.

I don't think any protestor should be permitted to obstruct the otherwise lawful actions of another person.

However they can protest wherever they want, as long as they don't obstruct others. This includes hospital access, and union strike lines.

#9 ·
Not sure if these are happening cross country…but it sickens me that people are protesting outside hospitals In Toronto. Some People entering hospitals are having the worst day of their lives….accidents, cancer treatments, heart attacks. Go protest at The Legislature.
... the Legislature is a couple of blocks up, too far away apparently and so is TO's cityhall for these morons.

Our premier, mayor along with the chief police officer has shown no teeth with these increasing incidents. Lots of hot air blowing ... as gesture of "thanks" to front line "heroes", let along protecting them.

It's about time legislation be brought in, if not the use of facial recognition and data collection on this so-called group of Canadian Frontline Nurses? Sounds like a front of hoodlums to me.

#17 ·

I know it was tongue in cheek, but honestly he should praise the protesters for protesting the guilty party and not bothering health care officials.
Global news were interviewing protesters in Edmonton and asked why they are at hospital and legislature - answer: there was more of us under legislature yesterday, you just didn't cover it

#19 ·
Definition of a cult:

"a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object"

Now ask yourself this:
are those who do not want government or specific figure dictating their life in a cult?

Or are those who want corrupt racist to direct their lives a part of a cult?

If your answer is the former then read the definition again, give your head a shake, and try again.

#21 ·
Definition of a cult:

"a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object"

Now ask yourself this:
are those who do not want government or specific figure dictating their life in a cult?

Or are those who want corrupt racist to direct their lives a part of a cult?

If your answer is the former then read the definition again, give your head a shake, and try again.
... maybe you should be shaking your head.

If you had figured (by your definitions above) that the government of Canada is a cult headed by 1 guy (the PM), then you should be moving to your own island where there is no "corrupt" government or specific "racist" figure to "dictate" you. You have all the freedom to do whatever you want there on your own island ... and don't forget to get those hooligans to join you there too.

#20 ·
Trudeau says that if he is re-elected he will create legislation banning protests against hospitals and health workers, abortion clinics, and designated places.

There should be designated "speaker corners" in large parks where protestors can get a permit and gather.

Counter protests would be located in a different area. Protest organizers will be able to "book" areas of parks similar to booking for a family picnic.

It will be a new criminal offense, similar to the special protections for police officers, and officers of the courts.

As a special designation the punishments will be more severe just as assault on a police officer is more serious than common assault.

#22 ·
Trudeau says that if he is re-elected he will introduce legislation that bans protests against hospitals and health workers, abortion clinics, and other designated places.

There should be designated "speaker corners" in large parks where protestors can get a permit and gather. Counter protests would be located in a different area. Protest organizers will be able to "book" areas of parks similar to booking for a family picnic.

It will be a new criminal offense, similar to the special protections for police officers, and officers of the courts.

As a special designation the punishments will be more severe just as assault on a police officer is more serious than common assault.
... about time.

#24 ·
Maybe they should follow PV MX lead and designate Covid-free hospitals. CMQ Premier is where all Covid cases are sent and CMQ Bucerias takes only non-Covid cases like my wife's hip replacement operation. We could go without concerns about being exposed to Covid.

#25 ·
^ Who'll be paying for the 2 tier for services plus do we have the resources for that? Keep in mind the mobile MASH-like hospitals dedicated for Covid patients have been dismantled (last I read).

#30 · (Edited)
O'Toole has lost a lot of votes for his support of the un-vaxxed.

The Liberals now lead in the popular vote and are way ahead in the projected seat counts.

O'Toole was well ahead in the polls before he started courting the un-vaxxed vote.

It is a shame Conservatives haven't learned not to listen to the ding dongs in right wing media.

Ding dong.......losers calling.

#38 ·
If a patient has any serious infectious disease they are segregated from the other patients.

The official term for it is "isolation"......which means you are isolated in a negative pressure room and everyone gowns with PPE to render treatment.

Perhaps you prefer covid patients to wander around the hospital, go to the cafeteria for a Timmies, and step outside for a smoke.

#39 ·
No COVID patients are isolated, and we all support that.
You're the one suggesting we segregate unvaccinated people. Which is nonsensical.

If they don't have COVID, there is no problem.
If they do have COVID, they should be isolated. Because they can spread COVID.

Vaccination status, race, and political affiliation are irrelevant.

#40 ·
If you were waiting for an elevator and when the door opened a guy inside said......"be advised that I have covid"........would you go inside ?

I think most people would choose not enter the elevator and share the ride with a covid infected person.

The problem is that unvaxxed are the main spreaders of covid and we don't know who they are.......so you might be sharing the elevator with them.

#42 ·
People are organizing on social media to provide protection for the healthcare workers against the crazy protestors.

Some nurses have been verbally and physically attacked in parking lots when arriving for late night shifts.

People are taking matters into their own hands to provide protection for them.

#43 ·
People are organizing on social media to provide protection for the healthcare workers against the crazy protestors.

Some nurses have been verbally and physically attacked in parking lots when arriving for late night shifts.

People are taking matters into their own hands.
The reason people are organizing on social media, is because the government is refusing to enforce the law.

It actually seems possible that Trudeau is encouraging these protests and falsely claiming O'Toole is anti-vaxx to rescue the election.
False controversey is good politics when you're evil.

#46 ·
O'Toole can't have it both ways. He stands for the healthcare workers or he stands for the unvaxxed mob.
He can have it both.
Easily.
You can disagree with someone yet still respect their right to have an opinion and control over their body.
You can protect healthcare workers from harassment by enforcing existing laws
And at the same time you can protect right to peaceful protest by not breaking human rights.

Unless you believe in 'pure' ideology and that only one way is a good way to live and others aren't worth a thought, then you will be able to understand that.
There is a lot of indication that you would fit in perfectly in Germany in 1930s though so I am starting to understand why you see the world the way you do

#50 ·
Maybe in your mind, but in the public's mind..........not so much.

O'Toole tried to sneak through with "liberal" talk, but he didn't walk the walk, so Canadians weren't fooled.

When his true intentions were revealed, his support reversed and dropped away. His failure to support mandatory vaccinations cost him the election.

The Liberals are now in range of a possible majority government.

#52 ·
Like the unnecessary election called in Nova Scotia that the Conservatives won ? The US election ? The Israeli election ?

The election call was fine with Conservatives while they were leading in the polls.

Then when the Liberals went into the lead....oh woe is us, the election shouldn't have been called.

Next Conservatives will mimic the US Republicans every election they lose was rigged, but not elections they win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.