Canadian Money Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
Had they known how serious the Covid would be, they likely would have designated hospitals as covid hospitals.

Too late now to set them up with equipment and staffing, but if the pandemic continues it should be an option.

We can't continue to delay treatments for other patients because dummies don't want to get vaccinated.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Huh?
Most areas only have one hospital, you can't designate the ONLY hospital COVID free.
My example with Kitchener is that it's a large center, with only 1 hospital.
Agreed. The largest hospital was designated Covid and those who drove to the next state wanted to be in a Covid-free facility (for a hip replacement).

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
Agreed. The largest hospital was designated Covid and those who drove to the next state wanted to be in a Covid-free facility (for a hip replacement).
For many people that drive could be hours.
In my case the main hospital is the regional trauma center, which is full of COVID cases.

Nice idea, but not really practical for Canada.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
How come I haven't heard of any anti-vax protests in Alberta? Or were there?

Reactions: sags

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
It looks like people in Alberta would rather protest against the lack of vaccinations, testing and restrictions.

Premier Kenney didn't deliver "the best summer ever" and people aren't happy .......as the polls show.

Kenney has gone from O'Toole's favorite guy to "who is Jason Kenney ?

When hospitals are overflowing, surgeries and treatments are getting cancelled.......reality sets in.

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
It looks like people in Alberta would rather protest against the lack of vaccinations, testing and restrictions.

Premier Kenney didn't deliver "the best summer ever" and people aren't happy .......as the polls show.

Kenney has gone from O'Toole's favorite guy to "who is Jason Kenney ?
... getting that guy to utter the "I'm sorry" is like pulling fingernails and then after the words are uttered - is he "really, truly, geniunely, sincerely" sorry? I bet not. As previously noted in another thread(?), why is he still premier?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Because he was democratically elected and until there is new election he will still be a premier. Not that hard to understand in a democracy.

I don't think people are protesting against vaccine at all. That's huge mislabel.
People are protesting against mandates. There is significant difference

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
After Notley brought Alberta to its knees she didn't even apologize. Thats why Kenney won with the largest majority in Alberta history. I hope we don't need to be retaught the NDP lesson again.

·
Registered
16,784 Posts
Alberta Conservatives have had 3 Provincial Parties with 13 (elected and interim) leaders over the 15 years since Ralph Klein left office.

It looks like yet another leader will bite the dust.

No wonder they have no long term planning.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
No wonder they have no long term planning.
Yeah, but that's the nature of politics.

Trudeaus answer to all the problems is to kick it down the road and let his kids clean up the mess. I don't think we're likely to see politicians who do the hard work of cleaning it up.

Chretien was successful at cutting.
Ford is trying, but all we get are protests.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts