Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Definition of a cult:

"a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object"

Now ask yourself this:
are those who do not want government or specific figure dictating their life in a cult?

Or are those who want corrupt racist to direct their lives a part of a cult?

If your answer is the former then read the definition again, give your head a shake, and try again.
... maybe you should be shaking your head.

If you had figured (by your definitions above) that the government of Canada is a cult headed by 1 guy (the PM), then you should be moving to your own island where there is no "corrupt" government or specific "racist" figure to "dictate" you. You have all the freedom to do whatever you want there on your own island ... and don't forget to get those hooligans to join you there too.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Trudeau says that if he is re-elected he will introduce legislation that bans protests against hospitals and health workers, abortion clinics, and other designated places.

There should be designated "speaker corners" in large parks where protestors can get a permit and gather. Counter protests would be located in a different area. Protest organizers will be able to "book" areas of parks similar to booking for a family picnic.

It will be a new criminal offense, similar to the special protections for police officers, and officers of the courts.

As a special designation the punishments will be more severe just as assault on a police officer is more serious than common assault.
... about time.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That already exists. Critical Infrastructure Defense Act.
They can't block access to hospitals and hospitals themselves.
Those who do can be and should be prosecuted

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
Maybe they should follow PV MX lead and designate Covid-free hospitals. CMQ Premier is where all Covid cases are sent and CMQ Bucerias takes only non-Covid cases like my wife's hip replacement operation. We could go without concerns about being exposed to Covid.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
^ Who'll be paying for the 2 tier for services plus do we have the resources for that? Keep in mind the mobile MASH-like hospitals dedicated for Covid patients have been dismantled (last I read).

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
That already exists. Critical Infrastructure Defense Act.
They can't block access to hospitals and hospitals themselves.
Those who do can be and should be prosecuted
It's easier for a politician to say they'll pass a new law than actually enforce the existing law.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts

I know it was tongue in cheek, but honestly he should praise the protesters for protesting the guilty party and not bothering health care officials.
Global news were interviewing protesters in Edmonton and asked why they are at hospital and legislature - answer: there was more of us under legislature yesterday, you just didn't cover it
So the PM who did blackface more times than he can count, who admires Chinas dictatorship, who promised not to call a COVID election, and thinks Budgets balance themselves, wants people to protest at hospitals.

And he's TIED in the polls?
Was O'Toole eating babies or something?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
It's easier for a politician to say they'll pass a new law than actually enforce the existing law.
Yeah. The citizens shouldn't be so ignorant though to buy that crap.
The law already exists so if you praise promises to introduce it - I am sorry, but you are a gullible idiot

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yeah. The citizens shouldn't be so ignorant though to buy that crap.
The law already exists so if you praise promises to introduce it - I am sorry, but you are a gullible idiot
... not every gullible idiot/citizen in this country is a political genius like you. Why don't you run for PM or act as a lawyer for the PMO?

Wait ... I forgot about the "Freedom Island" ... somewhere on this planet.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
O'Toole has lost a lot of votes for his support of the un-vaxxed.

The Liberals now lead in the popular vote and are way ahead in the projected seat counts.

O'Toole was well ahead in the polls before he started courting the un-vaxxed vote.

It is a shame Conservatives haven't learned not to listen to the ding dongs in right wing media.

Ding dong.......losers calling.

Reactions: fstamand

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
... not every gullible idiot/citizen in this country is a political genius like you. Why don't you run for PM or act as a lawyer for the PMO?

Again, you still haven't learned how to read.

I have nothing against people voting for Trudeau.
You can support racism, corruption, and not condemn genocide in exchange for 500 OAS. If those are your values then fine - we differ here, but difference can be respected.

But if you praise for making a promise to create a law that already exists - then yeah, that is being a gullible idiot.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Again, you still haven't learned how to read.

I have nothing against people voting for Trudeau.
You can support racism, corruption, and not condemn genocide in exchange for 500 OAS. If those are your values then fine - we differ here, but difference can be respected.

But if you praise for making a promise to create a law that already exists - then yeah, that is being a gullible idiot.
... you want to try that yourself, re-read what you posted and then use a bit of comprehension (aka your brain/think). If I "knew" such a law existed, I wouldn't have said "about time". Would I? And since "you" "knew" such a law existed, and then go on spinning it as "praise a promise to create such an existing law" tells me, not only you're a genius (with the political spewing s thrown in for good), you're a pathetic one. This is confirmed further with your insult on calling those not in the know as being a guillible idiot.

Btw, don't make assumptions (actually outright allegations) that I support "racism", "corruption" and "don't condemn genocide" in exchange for $500 OAS when I don't even f-cking qualify. Nice try on the tactic for those yearning for a Cult on Freedom Island, one where you belong.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Trudeau says that if he is re-elected he will create legislation banning protests against hospitals and health workers, abortion clinics, and designated places.

There should be designated "speaker corners" in large parks where protestors can get a permit and gather.

Counter protests would be located in a different area. Protest organizers will be able to "book" areas of parks similar to booking for a family picnic.

It will be a new criminal offense, similar to the special protections for police officers, and officers of the courts.

As a special designation the punishments will be more severe just as assault on a police officer is more serious than common assault.
Great idea, well have "free expression"
But only in certain places, at certain times, and only things previously approved and permitted by the government.

Sorry, we should be free to express ourselves however we want, and there should only be reasonable restrictions on hurting others.

We should be able to protest at a hospital, however we should not be allowed to interfere with anybodies access to health care.

Of course restricting free speech is really a dog whistle to rile up those who believe in human rights.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Maybe they should follow PV MX lead and designate Covid-free hospitals. CMQ Premier is where all Covid cases are sent and CMQ Bucerias takes only non-Covid cases like my wife's hip replacement operation. We could go without concerns about being exposed to Covid.
That will only work in the largest cities.

Kitchener only really has 1 hospital, and they're the 10th largest city.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

It isn't about being political genius.
It is simple verification.
If you support a policy/law/idea, verify whether what is being told to you is true or simply another lie from a politician.
This will allow you to make INFORMED decision.
Your decision is likely differ from mine. That is perfectly fine. It is important that the decision made is INFORMED though.
Ignorance and gullibility are interchangeable in this place.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
That will only work in the largest cities.

Kitchener only really has 1 hospital, and they're the 10th largest city.
Put the unvaxxed in portables on the grounds......like they have at schools.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Put the unvaxxed in portables on the grounds......like they have at schools.
Yes, we should segregate all the impure.
Are you reliving your youth when some people thought segregation and discrimination were a good idea?

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
If a patient has any serious infectious disease they are segregated from the other patients.

The official term for it is "isolation"......which means you are isolated in a negative pressure room and everyone gowns with PPE to render treatment.

Perhaps you prefer covid patients to wander around the hospital, go to the cafeteria for a Timmies, and step outside for a smoke.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
If a patient has any serious infectious disease they are segregated from the other patients.

The official term for it is "isolation"......which means you are isolated in a negative pressure room and everyone gowns with PPE to render treatment.

Perhaps you prefer covid patients to wander around the hospital, go to the cafeteria for a Timmies, and step outside for a smoke.
No COVID patients are isolated, and we all support that.
You're the one suggesting we segregate unvaccinated people. Which is nonsensical.

If they don't have COVID, there is no problem.
If they do have COVID, they should be isolated. Because they can spread COVID.

Vaccination status, race, and political affiliation are irrelevant.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
If you were waiting for an elevator and when the door opened a guy inside said......"be advised that I have covid"........would you go inside ?

I think most people would choose not enter the elevator and share the ride with a covid infected person.

The problem is that unvaxxed are the main spreaders of covid and we don't know who they are.......so you might be sharing the elevator with them.

21 - 40 of 91 Posts