Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if these are happening cross country…but it sickens me that people are protesting outside hospitals In Toronto. Some People entering hospitals are having the worst day of their lives….accidents, cancer treatments, heart attacks. Go protest at The Legislature.
Sky Photograph Cloud Shorts Building
Handwriting Crowd Tree Event City

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
In any large population, there will inevitably be a number of half wits, as observed by the spelling of "scietists".

• Haha
Reactions: fstamand

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
In any large population, there will inevitably be a number of half wits.
We seem to have more than our share in Alberta. Some of them in our Provincial Government. Unclear to me why these protests are in front of health facilities. Could be all about their burning desire to obtain media coverage. Protesting in front on the steps of city hall or the Provincial capital would be ho hum.

·
Registered
11,972 Posts
BC has experienced a similar thing and they have been shamed by the population at large, politicians and government officials. Protests are now in front of provincial buildings but get minimal to zero media coverage. The media is partly to blame for this of course but we don't seem to have a lot of bright lights in that profession in recent times.

The appropriate solution would be to triage unvaccinated covid patients out of ER into the parking lots across the street.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I categorically disapprove of violent protests.
I don't think they should protest at hospitals, however I am very leery of restricting where people can protest.

Creating a free speech zone is basically saying that everywhere else that right doesn't exist, and that's a dangerous precedent.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Protests should require a permit and permission of the land owner.......on public or private land.

Just like you can't hold a parade downtown Toronto that will inconvenience everyone else, you can't hold a protest that inconveniences others.

It doesn't have to be complicated.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mostly conservatives protesting, with violent outcome.
Funny how cons were all pacifists and condemning violence during anti-fa and BLM protests. Violence is not the answer.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Not sure if these are happening cross country…but it sickens me that people are protesting outside hospitals In Toronto. Some People entering hospitals are having the worst day of their lives….accidents, cancer treatments, heart attacks. Go protest at The Legislature.
... the Legislature is a couple of blocks up, too far away apparently and so is TO's cityhall for these morons.

Our premier, mayor along with the chief police officer has shown no teeth with these increasing incidents. Lots of hot air blowing ... as gesture of "thanks" to front line "heroes", let along protecting them.

It's about time legislation be brought in, if not the use of facial recognition and data collection on this so-called group of Canadian Frontline Nurses? Sounds like a front of hoodlums to me.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
^ If you were referring to me, what were you expecting? Or better yet, prefer? A passive-passive personality? Or an all-out aggressive personality?

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Protests should require a permit and permission of the land owner.......on public or private land.

Just like you can't hold a parade downtown Toronto that will inconvenience everyone else, you can't hold a protest that inconveniences others.

It doesn't have to be complicated.
I do and don't agree. They'll simply deny permits. I do not think that any government official should be able to decide which protests are okay and which are not.

I don't think any protestor should be permitted to obstruct the otherwise lawful actions of another person.

However they can protest wherever they want, as long as they don't obstruct others. This includes hospital access, and union strike lines.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

I know it was tongue in cheek, but honestly he should praise the protesters for protesting the guilty party and not bothering health care officials.
Global news were interviewing protesters in Edmonton and asked why they are at hospital and legislature - answer: there was more of us under legislature yesterday, you just didn't cover it

·
Registered
7,023 Posts

I know it was tongue in cheek, but honestly he should praise the protesters for protesting the guilty party and not bothering health care officials.
Global news were interviewing protesters in Edmonton and asked why they are at hospital and legislature - answer: there was more of us under legislature yesterday, you just didn't cover it
... time for you to join the cult.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Definition of a cult:

"a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object"

Now ask yourself this:
are those who do not want government or specific figure dictating their life in a cult?

Or are those who want corrupt racist to direct their lives a part of a cult?

If your answer is the former then read the definition again, give your head a shake, and try again.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Trudeau says that if he is re-elected he will create legislation banning protests against hospitals and health workers, abortion clinics, and designated places.

There should be designated "speaker corners" in large parks where protestors can get a permit and gather.

Counter protests would be located in a different area. Protest organizers will be able to "book" areas of parks similar to booking for a family picnic.

It will be a new criminal offense, similar to the special protections for police officers, and officers of the courts.

As a special designation the punishments will be more severe just as assault on a police officer is more serious than common assault.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts