Canadian Money Forum banner

21 - 40 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Soros is an American citizen. If he believes strongly that doing X is good for his country, what's the issue? Are you saying that billionaires should not further their own agendas or influence politics?

By the way, when I do a google search for "soros trump protest" nearly all results are right-wing conspiracy/tabloid style web sites.
George Soros has a stated goal of weakening all advanced western societies-he basically feels chaos will advance his own personal monetary position. That is the issue.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Americans don't see peaceful protest as a sign of rebellion. They see it as an expression of their first amendment right. Heck, tea party members planned a number of "million man marches" and received support from prominent conservatives, including Trump.

James' explanation sounds logical. People are afraid and angry.

Trump himself eventually tweeted admiration for the protestors (after a mis-step).

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
By the way, when I do a google search for "soros trump protest" nearly all results are right-wing conspiracy/tabloid style web sites.
James, hasn't this election proved that the mainstream media is dead? I'll grant, CNN had good election night coverage because John King is a wizard on the map. And it was beautiful to see their crushed souls echo in their blank stares. But other than that, they have lost relevance big league. In this era, one journalist with a spin has insignificant power compared to the collective sleuthing efforts of thousands of young men with autism. How can CNN possibly parse through things like Wikileaks at a rapid pace to find the truth? They also laughably say that they are the only ones who are allowed to look at them.

The media belongs to the people now, not 6 conglomerates. You can't disprove that Soros is behind the protests, because we've already figured it out and posted evidence. We the people. You just attack the source, which is always the first tactic in a losing argument.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
"We the people" are protesting. Thousands of them, and they are not being paid to do so.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
George Soros has a stated goal of weakening all advanced western societies-he basically feels chaos will advance his own personal monetary position. That is the issue.
Would you mind providing a reference to the neo-Nazi site that you are sourcing this obvious libel from?

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Has anyone pointed out Obama is President? Trump won't be sworn in until February. Trump has done nothing. The protesters are protesting a fantasy out of their imagination. Who put it there and why?

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Rusty, I posted my interpretation of why they are protesting. Does it make sense to you?

And if you disagree with what I wrote, I'm curious which part of it you think is untrue. Do you NOT think that black and hispanic americans are concerned about being mistreated?

You say that the protesters are protesting a fantasy. What do you mean by this? How do you think black people feel after Trump spends years saying Obama isn't a US citizen? There is no fantasy here -- Trump actively insulted Obama, repeatedly, along with the rest of the birther movement.

Being totally honest here, I just want to understand your thinking process.

·
Banned
2,915 Posts
There were both republicans and Dems playing around with the Obama birth thing for years. I for one thought it was just a stupid thing that people tried to make into a issue.

Black people have never been worse off since the 60s under 8 years of Obama and now we have Black lives Matter. Trump has reached out to them and we can only hope he helps them, unlike Obama and Hillary that just tell them a pile BS just to get their votes.

So the protesters really are just a bunch of idiots who have no idea about anything.

·
Banned
2,915 Posts
Watching CNN it is still non stop anti-Trump, they are showing every incident they can, where a Trump backer made a nazi symbol or told a mexican to go home or something. CNN hasn't shown any of the Dem supporters doing crap like I linked above Also it could be that people will write stuff like nazi symbols on walls that are Dems trying to stir up trouble. All these people including Trump supporters who do this stuff are all idiots. CNN needs to be shut down and a real news network for everybody needs to emerge.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
james, I've only spent 3 months so far this year in the states but i feel you are missing the mark. the left's behavior is exactly why trump was elected

portraying trump and millions who voted for him as evil-racist-sexist-basket-of-deplorables with sound bites.. instead of acknowledging or discussing the issues

clinton represented status quo empty promises. trump represented change. bernie represented change. bernie had a much better chance

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Watching CNN it is still non stop anti-Trump, they are showing every incident they can, where a Trump backer made a nazi symbol or told a mexican to go home or something. CNN hasn't shown any of the Dem supporters doing crap like I linked above Also it could be that people will write stuff like nazi symbols on walls that are Dems trying to stir up trouble. All these people including Trump supporters who do this stuff are all idiots. CNN needs to be shut down and a real news network for everybody needs to emerge.
Right. Also Saturday night live needs to be shut down for upsetting the dear leader. seriously, I wish nobody would criticize Trump or his supporters. Nor should people joke or mention the subject of small hands. Not while tiny fingers have access to the button.

·
Banned
2,915 Posts
A 24 hour national news network needs to be unbiased and even or should be a fringe outlet like zero hedge. Shutting down is a bit much I agree and I do like SNL.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Chatting with my close friend on the East coast. He's an older white retired business professional. He's no fool and he is certainly not given to drama. He absolutely believes that the protests are justified.

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
He absolutely believes that the protests are justified.
And what purpose of those protests?! To cancel results of election?! Than what to do with famous "American democracy"?!
Protesters should've be thinking before and requesting to change idiotic American election system....

The only democratic election system is nationwide proportional representation!

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Watching CNN it is still non stop anti-Trump, they are showing every incident they can, where a Trump backer made a nazi symbol or told a mexican to go home or something.
Yeah, yeah...typical BS! I don't watch CNN, but did they tell that Bibi (Israeli PM) called Trump "true friend of Israel" and Trump "invites Netanyahu to meeting 'at the first opportunity'"?!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
^My friend says that people are protesting the legitimization of the alt-right (which he refers to as fascist) They are not going to overturn the election - Trump won fair and square - but they want to make sure that the alt-right gets no more traction.

My friend is quite worried about how this will all turn out.

·
Registered
12,547 Posts
Trump won 'fair' and 'square'. The electoral college gives for the second time in five elections the presidency to the loser (less popular support).

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
Trump won 'fair' and 'square'. The electoral college gives for the second time in five elections the presidency to the loser (less popular support).
I wouldn't say that I prefer Hillary much more over Trump, and probably I don't understand american democracy, but , logically, winner should be decided ONLY by popular vote.

btw, in Canada situation can be like in US

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Anyone not worried is dumb or nuts or evil. Having said this, Trump hasn't done anything yet. Not known for a fact what he will try to do. And if he tries, it's questionable what exactly he can achieve. In summary, the panic seems premature and thrashing property has no excuse.

US survived LBJ and Nixon, both virulent racists, and alt right is tiny compared to KKK at their heyday.

21 - 40 of 597 Posts