Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
This young lady is clearly in a genius level that few would ever ascend to. To create such exquisite art at any age would be notable.........let alone at 8.

I am glad she is receiving the recognition and success she deserves, as so many talented people never do.

It is amazing how much talent people have, but never reach commercial success. I watch videos from past "Voice" shows and the singers are amazing.

Yet, they do well in the competition, perhaps even win it but never reach the high level of success of the judges like Tom Jones or Christine Aguillera.

In the art world, I am drawn to Banksy's work. It isn't technically breathtaking or anything, but the message is strong and presentation unique.

Barack Obama has a natural gift of oration, that few can match. I especially enjoy listening to Kishore Mahbubani for discussions on the state of the world.

I was at a mall one time and the aisles were filled with "prison art". Some of it was incredible work. I wanted to buy some but none was for sale.

You have to ask yourself........with so much talent why are these people in prison. What went wrong in their lives they chose the path they did ?

Thank goodness that whatever the form it takes, we have genius in our midst to remind us of how great we can be.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
For anyone wondering who Kishore Mahbubani is.......I attach a small segment of his opening statement during a Munk debate on China / US relations.

·
Registered
12,381 Posts
On the other side of greatness.......to truly appreciate it, there are those without creative talent. That would be people like me.

I can barely draw a stick man that would be a good representation of stick men in general.

In my COVID induced boredom, I took to singing along with karaoke videos on Youtube.

I thought I sounded pretty good. I even tried to serenade my wife with song, but she didn't show much enthusiasm about it.

Then I taped myself. No wonder she told me to shut up. It doesn't mattter. I can still rock the house like Elvis........in my own mind.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts