Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I noticed that the last dividend payment for AW.UN that was payable on 31 March 2020 has not shown up in my account yet. My Telus & Loblaws dividends payable on the 1 Apr are deposited. Anyone that holds this stock notice this as well. Maybe some are slower than others and can take a total of 3 days after the payment date? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Depending on your brokerage, some definitely take longer than others. In my daughter's RESP, BIP.UN and XBB show up right away; in my RRSP at the same brokerage, they can take up to 10 business days to show up in the transaction history.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dividend payment showed up today but I was reading an article this morning in the Globe & Mail by John Heinzl that it had temporarily suspended its divdend going forward due to COVID-19 and store closures related to it.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Yes, that was discussed in the Impact on Dividends thread.

Unfortunately, they are not the only company to cut or eliminate dividends and there will likely be a lot more before this thing is over.

I am trying to increase cash reserve to maintain income for 3 years to compensate for possible loss of dividend income. Problem is that by selling the more risky holdings, we lose their dividend right now :( . Catch22.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts