Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Thanks, Keith!!

I think that the markets might dip some more during September/October but still end the year perhaps 10 to 15 percent higher than where they are now.

Oil won't rise much from it's current level due to the weaker overall economy that many had figured on.

Gold--who knows???

As for the Canadian dollar, despite earlier lofty predictions that it would rise above par and stay there for some time, it always seems to manage to find it's way to below par which is probably just as well given the fragility of the Canadian economy right now which is growing at around a disappointing two percent--for now!!!:confused:

I wonder how many of the old '50 Plus' gang are still around reading this forum? Whatever became of my old nemisis, MoneyGuy?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...I wonder how many of the old '50 Plus' gang are still around reading this forum? Whatever became of my old nemisis, MoneyGuy?
One of the problems when a group disbands is that no other forum serves their needs quite like the one they were on. They disperse over a number of other choices.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I think that it was terrible the way that the administrators at 50Plus handled the entire matter.

Why would they want to destroy something that was working so well??

They never even bothered to respond to any of my emails asking them to explain why they did what they did and the way that they did it.

Sad!!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that it was terrible the way that the administrators at 50Plus handled the entire matter.

Why would they want to destroy something that was working so well??

They never even bothered to respond to any of my emails asking them to explain why they did what they did and the way that they did it.

Sad!!
I think it was because Moses Znaimer wanted to turn it into a money maker (with Zoomers). He might have been right but time will tell. The whole Zoomers/CARP thing is questionable to me. It all about paid promotions.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Well, he certainly soured me on the whole Zoomers matter in the process. I will now stay clear of anything that he is involved with!!:mad:

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Keith, when I win, do I get to chose what kind of vehicle I want?

Do you ever come across any of the other people who are in this contest?

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can't have a Lexus!

But you sure can choose exchange rates. And I can choose the price of gold!

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you can see from the latest results upthread, grampie has Cdn$ and TSX, oldbones has Dow and oil, while your truly still holds gold price. Snowman remains the overall leader.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Thanks, Keith!

Since we don't know where most of these participants are anymore anyway, why not just award the new car to me and be done with it!!??

It would be interesting to see if any of the other participants are around on this or other forums???

If you are, please let us hear from you.

·
Registered
6,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can see the final result up two posts.

Congratulations to Snowman who had the lowest overall error in predicting.

Actually Gordon Pape would have won had he participated!

And the category winners are:

DOW: 15,578 Snowman
TSX: 13,443 viking46
GOLD:1421.4 kcowan
OIL: 91.38 Grampie
CAD: 1.002 Snowman

And the Boobie Prize for worst overall goes to oldbones!

Overall ranking:

3.7337% GordonPape
4.5350% Snowman
4.7931% belguy
6.2340% kcowan
6.5411% bartsimpson
6.6085% Grampie
6.9417% runtha
9.5466% donm
12.314% viking46
12.910% oldbones

Special recognition for belguy who is the only player we recognize here in the top three!

·
Banned
2,508 Posts
Love the awards LOL

Congrats Belguy! Can you please perdict what's going to happen this year so we can make some money? :D
KKowan you were right on the money with GOLD. Very close. At one point it was at $1420 ish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts