Canadian Money Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Managing your own investments can be exciting and rewarding - we get that. But if life gets busy and you decide to look for a hassle-free and low-cost way to manage part or all of your portfolio, ModernAdvisor could be a great choice.

At ModernAdvisor, we combine smart technology with expertise from investment professionals to build and manage globally diversified portfolios that are tailored to your individual needs. Our all-inclusive fees are a fraction of the cost of the average mutual fund in Canada and range from 0.47% to 0.77% per year for our low-cost portfolios depending on your account size and risk preferences. The all-in cost for our socially responsible portfolios is between 0.56% and 1.0%. That compares to 2.35% for the average mutual fund in Canada.

We invest in the following asset classes via low-cost, high-quality ETFs:

- Canadian Stocks (XIC)
- US Stocks (VUS or VUN)
- International Stocks (VEF or VDU)
- Emerging Market Stocks (VEE)
- Canadian Bonds (VSB)
- Emerging Market Bonds (ZEF)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (VRE)

ModernAdvisor is not a discount broker. We fully manage your investments so you can focus on what makes you tick. Plus, what you see is what you pay: there are no trading or hidden fees.

Sign up for a RRSP, TFSA, RESP, RIF, or taxable account today! Make sure you use promo code CMF2016 during signup to receive your $50 bonus*.

* Your signup bonus will be credited to your account after we receive your first deposit.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Managing your own investments can be exciting and rewarding - we get that. But if life gets busy and you decide to look for a hassle-free and low-cost way to manage part or all of your portfolio, ModernAdvisor could be a great choice.

At ModernAdvisor, we combine smart technology with expertise from investment professionals to build and manage globally diversified portfolios that are tailored to your individual needs. Our all-inclusive fees are a fraction of the cost of the average mutual fund in Canada and range from 0.47% to 0.77% per year depending on your account size and risk preferences. That compares to 2.35% for the average mutual fund in Canada.

We invest in the following asset classes via low-cost, high-quality ETFs:

- Canadian Stocks (XIC)
- US Stocks (VUS or VUN)
- International Stocks (VEF or VDU)
- Emerging Market Stocks (VEE)
- Canadian Bonds (VSB)
- Emerging Market Bonds (ZEF)
- Real Estate Investment Trusts (VRE)

ModernAdvisor is not a discount broker. We fully manage your investments so you can focus on what makes you tick. Plus, what you see is what you pay: there are no trading or hidden fees.

Sign up for a RRSP, TFSA, RESP, RIF, or taxable account today! Make sure you use promo code CMF2016 during signup to receive your $50 bonus*.

* Your signup bonus will be credited to your account after we receive your first deposit.
Thanks for your post.
Quick question: did you receive express written approval for this post from CMF, and if not, why do you believe this line from the terms of use doesn't apply to you?

"You may not:
Use the Web Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, to cease using the Web Site, to visit another competing Web Site, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval."

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, BoringInvestor, we are an advertiser with CMF and have approval to post promotional material. This is meant to be a paid sticky post, it just takes the admins a bit of time to turn the post into a sticky.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yes, BoringInvestor, we are an advertiser with CMF and have approval to post promotional material. This is meant to be a paid sticky post, it just takes the admins a bit of time to turn the post into a sticky.
Appreciate the response. I'm perfectly fine with paid advertising on forums where it's disclosed.

Now - I noticed you didn't address my second question, any comment?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow I'm quite impressed by the investigative skills of the contributors on this forum :). I did a bit of digging of my own. It turns out that post was from someone on our team perhaps a little overzealous to get the message out. As the man in charge I do apologize. We've definitely learned our lesson and will make sure not to post unpaid promotional content going forward.

·
Registered
5,129 Posts
Just love how a BoringInvestor tackles a ModernAdvisor ... LOL!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Wow I'm quite impressed by the investigative skills of the contributors on this forum :). I did a bit of digging of my own. It turns out that post was from someone on our team perhaps a little overzealous to get the message out. As the man in charge I do apologize. We've definitely learned our lesson and will make sure not to post unpaid promotional content going forward.
Cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts