·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Main Income:
- New job since May, 75k Euro + 10k Euro stock options

Net Worth:
TOTAL: ~$320k

Now post-MBA, I successfully pivoted my career into something else I really like, living in a new place, and I feel lucky that I got a job during COVID. My net worth is down, both because of no income for 1.5 years, and also various stocks suffering during the pandemic. Still, not bad.

In the end, I feel incredibly fortunate that I got to this position, living abroad, doing something I enjoy everyday, taking advantage of the European lifestyle (a lot of vacation days, cheap weekend trips to different countries), which makes me value the idea of FIRE a little less.

I am not sure where this will leave me regarding investing in Europe and net worth for now, but I do expect large tax returns in the next couple years that will help.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Congratulations on your new job. Would you care to share about your new job and what field did you work while you were in Canada?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Right now, I am working in finance/tech for an international company. Super exciting, a lot of innovation happening. Before that in Canada, I was working for an engineering services company that served heavy industries, really slow moving, with my career plateauing there..

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am on the same boat... I work for a small EPC firm and we are not doing good this year. I am tired of seeing ups and downs every couple of years. I would like to work in the finance industry in future. Any suggestion?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
If you are set on finance, an MBA at a finance oriented school may work for you. You mentioned being interested in taking an MBA a couple years ago, it is worth researching what employers hire grads from the schools you are interested in. A low risk first step would be doing your GMAT.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts