Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
CANADIAN UTILITIES LIMITED ELIGIBLE DIVIDENDS (newswire.ca)

ATCO Ltd. Eligible Dividends (newswire.ca)

These are barely increases especially in the current inflationary environment. Helps affirm my decision to sell CU at the end of 2021. That being said an increase is better than a cut.
I have very small positions in both.
Maybe 1% of my portfolio in each. I had thought about selling, too. But then I thought it was such a small portion of my portfolio, I just treat them more like bond proxies.

But I don't think you're wrong.
Anyway, hey. I'll take the increase, even if it is small.

Reactions: Gator13

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
My position was less than 1% as well. Totally bond like and a good yield at around 5%. I was overweight utilities and didn't want to trim another position in that sector.
I really messed up on Emera.

I bought some about $15 lower than current price. Unfortunately, I didn't buy as much as I wanted back then. Kicking myself for not buying more.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
CWB declares dividends in May 2022 (tmx.com)

Quarterly dividend is up one cent , or 3%, from the dividends declared last quarter and one year ago. Current yield at 4%.

4 of the big 5 raised. Laurentian Bank to release earnings next week
So disappointed in those CWB earnings...

I feel the company is cheap at $30, but I'm reluctant to add more. Where was the growth? Oil has been high... Alberta should be doing well...

I don't know. I'm conflicted. I feel like they messed that one up pretty badly. Revenue was trash. And then because revenue was trash they raised dividend 1 cent? Come on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts