Canadian Money Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1281 Posts

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I will not bother voting, my riding has been dark red for years. I'd give Erin a chance if he wasn't such an wannabe liberal hypocrite. And it's written in the stars, he would cut public jobs just like Harper did.
Yeah, he's definitely a tool. 😅

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I will not bother voting, my riding has been dark red for years. I'd give Erin a chance if he wasn't such an wannabe liberal hypocrite. And it's written in the stars, he would cut public jobs just like Harper did.
My understanding is that the public service actually grew by ten percent during the Harper years. He did try to reduce it at the end…. It for the most part it was political window dressing for the faithful.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I can only hope!
And I still haven't added my vote yet 😁

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Trudeau should lose for sole reason of spending an absurd amount of money on an unnecessary election. That and the fact that he is an arrogant tool that lacks basic understanding in economics. It's all about the stupid forearm bumps!

Liberals need a new leader.

Most people have no idea what they are voting for so I don't have a lot of confidence in our ability to pick the best party. It's literally a crap shoot, popularity contest, etc.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Vote for Trudeau, as many times as you can. :oops:

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Go vote CPC. Right now the PPC will not win any seats they need 4 more years to percolate. Right now, we need to end Trudeau. He is the idiot that needs to leave.

View attachment 22159
I can't.

CPC is cucked.

Might as well vote Trudeau. I'm sticking it to the man this time. I want Bernier to know he has backers. I want to see PPC rise up. I know they won't win. I understand they won't win.

But I rather have my vote go to PPC and keep them for the future instead of everyone rushing to vote CPC and being fukked forever.

CPC is trash. They are actually a disgrace.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I can't.

CPC is cucked.

Might as well vote Trudeau. I'm sticking it to the man this time. I want Bernier to know he has backers. I want to see PPC rise up. I know they won't win. I understand they won't win.

But I rather have my vote go to PPC and keep them for the future instead of everyone rushing to vote CPC and being fukked forever.

CPC is trash. They are actually a disgrace.
The reason to vote for them isn't to support CPC. They are left-wing, bordering on far-left so I completely understand your feelings.
The best outcome of this election reasonably possible is to have broad coalition having to come together to govern. That gives the lowest chance for them to go extreme with policies.
Realistically this would be ideal situation, where only 2 coalitions are possible:
Liberal+ NDP + BQ
or
Conservatives + BQ

Getting to this point is key.

Singh screwed up his chance. He had ideal situation in past 2 years to make a name for himself, to replace Liberals. But he failed to distinguish himself at all. There is zero chance he will suddenly grow a spine and fight for his values in next term so there needs to be BQ there to keep partners in check

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I won't do it.

If my vote is a wasted vote, so be it.

I refuse to vote CPC just to get rid of Trudeau. I want PPC to have a sense of backing. I want them to come back in the future knowing they may have a shot. If everyone voted CPC to get Trudeau out, there would be no PPC.

I cannot and will not give my vote to CPC. As far as I'm concerned, CPC are a bunch of sell outs. They do not have my vote. In fact, I'm not even sure which is worse at this point. Is Trudeau worse? Or is CPC, the party who turned their backs on what they stand for?

Why vote for a party who can't even stick to their name? Forget it.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I won't do it.

If my vote is a wasted vote, so be it.

I refuse to vote CPC just to get rid of Trudeau. I want PPC to have a sense of backing. I want them to come back in the future knowing they may have a shot. If everyone voted CPC to get Trudeau out, there would be no PPC.

I cannot and will not give my vote to CPC. As far as I'm concerned, CPC are a bunch of sell outs. They do not have my vote. In fact, I'm not even sure which is worse at this point. Is Trudeau worse? Or is CPC, the party who turned their backs on what they stand for?

Why vote for a party who can't even stick to their name? Forget it.
This is why we need ranked ballot.

Also the Liberals aren't liberal either.
voting is about trade offs, I'm hoping O'Toole is just a bit better than Trudeau.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
The reason to vote for them isn't to support CPC. They are left-wing, bordering on far-left so I completely understand your feelings.
CPC are hardly far left. The Left don't believe in free speech or a free press, and that's something attractive to Trudeau and the Liberals. CPC would be considered small "L" liberal, but not Left.

ltr

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
CPC are hardly far left. The Left don't believe in free speech or a free press, and that's something attractive to Trudeau and the Liberals. CPC would be considered small "L" liberal, but not Left.

ltr
No, but the CPC have shifted to a left leaning big spending government.
I like the "no strings attached" aspects, but we know it's easy to attach strings later.

What I'd really like is a simple liberal government that respected human rights, and wasn't trying to micromanage my life.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
No, but the CPC have shifted to a left leaning big spending government.
Sure, but you have to win an election first. It's painfully obvious that voters simply want free money, so you need to cater to this somewhat to win an election. CPC also have the unfortunate situation of fighting another conservative party in this election where they would have otherwise won hands down, but there are those voters who feel taking a stand with PPC and ensuring the Liberals win is a smart strategy.

ltr

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Sure, but you have to win an election first. It's painfully obvious that voters simply want free money, so you need to cater to this somewhat to win an election. CPC also have the unfortunate situation of fighting another conservative party in this election where they would have otherwise won hands down, but there are those voters who feel taking a stand with PPC and ensuring the Liberals win is a smart strategy.

ltr
That's unfortunately the game we play in our multi party system.
Liberals and CPC benefit greatly by being the more centrist options in our FPTP winner take all system. We have to select strategic compromise candidates, but at least our elections aren't the US disaster.
Also so far we've been able to hold off insecure voting online Federally, but there are some cities who run online elections.

1081 - 1100 of 1281 Posts