Canadian Money Forum banner
1041 - 1060 of 1281 Posts

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
The long term plan is to leave the oil in the ground.
Yes

Why spend billions on a dying industry ?
To reduce the environmental impact.

In my lifetime not much will change. In my son's lifetime fossil fuels will be greatly reduced and replaced by green energy.

In my grandson's lifetime fossil fuels will be relegated to the past.

At least we should hope so, otherwise our grandkids don't have a future.
So you're proposal is to keep polluting in your lifetime, rather than cutting emissions now?
That seems kind of selfish.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Do people out there really believe all the nonsense, half truths, falsehoods, and semi promises that any of the leaders make???

These debates are nothing more that popularity contests, beauty contests. Zero fact, 100 percent fiction.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
The Liberals do have a record of fulfilling their election pledges.

CPP expansion, returning OAS to age 65, increase child benefits, changes to EI, legalize marijuana, eliminate mandatory sentencing, end of life legislation...

They also failed to fulfill some election pledges, so it is a mixed bag of hits and misses.

How fulfilling their pledges will transform the world as they might suggest.....is very questionable.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I think a real stand on the environment would be to increase production of our ethical oil to supplant the products that 3rd world countries are subsidizing on the back of social and environmental suppressions. Now that would make a difference but our leaders & most Canadians are spineless and prefer nonsensical solutions.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Often the issue is not so much the promise...but how the promise will be implemented, when it will be implemented, and to what extent it is funded. These details never seem to be covered off. It is easy to read the polls and make have the appropriate promises roll off those wagging tongues.

The devil is in the details these pros know it. Any promise can be couched in enough ifs, ands, and buts to make it's reality completely worthless

Promising is one thing. Each voter's perception of what that means could be different. No different from the family values and the law and order charade that some candidates routinely pull out at election time.

And if we get a minority Government....well it all goes out the window in favour of the name of remaining in power by doing anything and everything to get the support required to remain in Government.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Sky Cloud Font Slope Rectangle

The Liberals and Conservatives have changed places in the seat projections.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
^ That doesn't factor in last night's debate, where Trudeau looked terrible. (O'Toole and Singh weren't much better, but Trudeau kept interrupting and running over his allotted time.)

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
I went to an early poll and left without voting.

They had 1 poll station open and said it would be a 35 minute wait to vote. There were only 10 of us there. Everyone is a foot apart and one woman was wearing an open half face shield that only covered her mouth. I decided I didn't want to hang around there that long.

One poll worker said she was working at different polls at different times and days. She is working them all.

I suspect they don't have enough poll workers. This could get interesting.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
PPC is the only vote.

Liberals are insane.
NDP is some next gen insanity for Gen Z's.
Conservatives are red inside and blue outside.
Green is nothing.
The Bloc? Does anyone even care about Quebec?

PPC has my vote.
And no, I'm not racist.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
PPC is the only vote.

Liberals are insane.
Green is nothing.

PPC has my vote.
And no, I'm not racist.
I'm voting for the least awful, until they get ranked ballot so we can vote FOR our preferred candidate.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Sure, and PPC would have my vote also, except I understand that a vote in this election for PPC is a vote for Trudeau. You do realize that right?

ltr
Oh, I realize.

I'm not dumb.

But this year I'm supporting who I want and I'm done voting for people who I don't want just to get rid of the Drama Teacher.

The conservatives have let me down. I loved Harper. But he is long gone and the conservatives are basically liberals with a costume on.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
PPC is the only vote.

Liberals are insane.
Green is nothing.

PPC has my vote.
And no, I'm not racist.
I agree with this description , but to be "red inside and blue outside" may be just tactical move to attract more voters....

·
Registered
788 Posts
Good news for cops
According to the RCMP, as of April 1, 2022 a constable will make up to $106,576 — a jump of $20,000. A staff sergeant will make between $134,912 and $138,657 next year. Constables account for more than half of the RCMP's ranks.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
Conservative support has fallen off the cliff.

The projected seat totals are Liberals 152 to Conservatives 126.

Probability of the Liberals winning a majority - 19%

Probability of the Conservatives winning a majority - 2%

Probability of the Liberals winning the most seats but not a majority - 51%

Probability of the Conservatives winning the most seats but not a majority - 27%

Reactions: fstamand
1041 - 1060 of 1281 Posts