Canadian Money Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1281 Posts

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
Not sure this is a smart move from the CPC. These are serious times and we have our differences, but not sure I would take this approach.
Yuck, such a half assed ad. I see what they're trying to do, but they should have done a better job.

I also dont' agree with this approach.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
I mean........at least make a video more professional than grade schoolers could.

Do the Conservatives know about CGI ? No Erin...........those aren't real dinosaurs in Jurassic Park.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Anyone's guess. I think that it will be similar to the 2015 and 2019 election. The Party that makes the biggest scew ups during the campaign will loose. The one that does not will win, or at least get to a minority Government.

I am tired of voting against a Party instead of voting for one. This time around is a really hard decision for me. Not happy with the Liberals, not willing to vote for a divided Conservative Party that does not have it together. Never NDP...especially with their foolish wealth tax. Maybe we have a Rhino Party candidate. I live in a solid blue Alberta riding so my vote never counts for much.

Read a an an article that said 24 seats in the last election we won by a margin of 6 percent or less. Some under 1 percent. These are the ridings where there may be some excitement. Those ridings determined the outcome of the last election. Plus a few where the incumbents are retireing.

Have not seem much from O'Toole and his team to indicate to me that they are capable of launching an effective campaign.

Let's hope they have learned from 2019, that they get their sh#t together, launch an effective campaign and truly give Canadians a choice.

Certainly the likes of Jason Kenney and Pierre Poilievre are secretly hoping for a Liberal minority win so that it opens the field for their own leadership aspirations.

If O'Toole looses he is done like dinner IMHO. He really does need to step up to the plate, stop pandering to social conservatives, and hit a home run.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Can't wait to see CPC fall in #3 position. O'Toole will crawl back to his wormhole in no time. Excellent! 👏(mr burns voice).

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
I suspect if the polls indicated a large Conservative or NDP lead........they would have pulled the plug already.

It sucks to have an election called when you are so far behind the leader.

It looks like the Liberals started out with another minority government, but the Conservatives are working hard to give Trudeau a majority.

Reactions: fstamand

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I would not be forecasting anything yet. Or gloating. The Conservatives could pull a rabbit out of hat. The Liberals could shoot themselves in the foot.

This is Canada. 35 points can get you a minority Government. The Conservatives have a solid base of what, 24 points. They just need to capture the rest.

The polls today may be very different than the election day polls. As both Harper and Scheer teams learned the hard way.

·
Registered
16,574 Posts
That is what keeps elections interesting. There is always a chance of a big upset.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
At work, I will be buying lunch for anyone who votes Conservative.
If you're in a position of power (like a boss or manager) then this is a really scummy thing to do. You would be pressuring / forcing your employees to agree with your political views, and implicitly punishing those who have beliefs you don't like.

If you're just a "nobody" then no harm, though.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe says the province is not bringing in a requirement to show proof of vaccination before entering a business or attending a large event.
Scott Livingstone, the CEO of the Saskatchewan Health Authority, said even a business asking for someone’s health card number is not allowed unless it is related to providing health services.

I voted liberals for federal and NDP for provincial elections last time. In the future they won’t get my vote.

I guess I got no choice but to vote conservative this time.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
I live in a solid blue Alberta riding so my vote never counts for much.
this is the biggest problem with current election system....as i live in solid red Mississuaga and "my vote never counts for much".

Not happy with the Liberals, not willing to vote for a divided Conservative Party that does not have it together. Never NDP...especially with their foolish wealth tax. Maybe we have a Rhino Party candidate
and this is another problem with election system for both Fed and ON elections.... There is no party that represents my views.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
this is the biggest problem with current election system....as i live in solid red Mississuaga and "my vote never counts for much".

and this is another problem with election system for both Fed and ON elections.... There is no party that represents my views.
I think that is becoming an issue for more Canadians each year.
There isn't a single party that is socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
Conservatives are the closest but they have a tons of problems and drawbacks
The problem is that those in power set the rules, and they set barrier of entry into politics at extremely high level.

·
Registered
12,034 Posts
“There isn't a single party that is socially liberal, fiscally conservative “ - exactly! Not only me, but looks like many others are looking for such party!

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I think that is becoming an issue for more Canadians each year.
There isn't a single party that is socially liberal, fiscally conservative.
Conservatives are the closest but they have a tons of problems and drawbacks
The problem is that those in power set the rules, and they set barrier of entry into politics at extremely high level.
CPC is close if they can keep the socials under control. Harper did this pretty well because he was able to deliver on a lot of other stuff, and convince them that their best opportunities were small initiatives over time.

I am tired of voting against a Party instead of voting for one. This time around is a really hard decision for me.
Honestly this is why I want instant run-off. I'd love to see a real centrist candidate, ie a liberal.
As it is the only people who seem to care about liberal principles at all are the CPC, even then they have Candidates that go too far left and right.

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you're in a position of power (like a boss or manager) then this is a really scummy thing to do. You would be pressuring / forcing your employees to agree with your political views, and implicitly punishing those who have beliefs you don't like.

If you're just a "nobody" then no harm, though.
I'm a working stiff, nothing to worry about hahaha.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm waiting to see what Justin will pull out of his goodie bag. He learned from his dad to come up with freebies at election time and that brings in the votes. To secure his first election Justin put the OAS back to age 65 from 67 and boomers were happy.
Singh is offering something like "free" dental and pharmacare. That'll pull votes away from Justin.

1 - 20 of 1281 Posts