Canadian Money Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Any memories to share?
Back to your first question. Yep, I remember my alarm going off and hearing the news and listening the whole way to work. At work, everyone was in shock and were trying to help traffic through the borders they had closed down. I worked in transportation, so they had quite a genius plan to move intermodally. We put those plan in place while being a complete state of disbelief through out the day. I remember just being glued to the news and TV, and watching that famous video of people jumping out over and over again.

My sibling sent us a message saying he was okay. He fly out a day earlier to Washington for a business trip on the same number as one of the attacks. That was pretty shocking for us. He was still trying to figure out how to get home, but was just trying to comprehend everything going on. No planes were flying (of course), but he didn't know if he wanted to fly, and debate driving back home. I had a coworker that had move to NYC a few weeks before with his wife (who was taking some special training there for the year). They posted their from their apartment which was only a few blocks away from the towers. My spouse and I talked about how if it was only a couple of years earlier, it could have been him. He was working in the the twin towers for contract there for almost a year.

We went back a few years after, and it was still very surreal at how everything had change.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Trying to install a 'western democracy' was doomed to failure, as it has been in every backwater adventure. The lessons never seem to be learned..
I agree completely. But I also suspect that bringing them western democracy was never the real intention.

One reason I hate these wars is that I'm pretty sure they are make-work projects. They are intended to create work for American, British, and French industries.

And then the terrorists are even more motivated to attack the US, UK and France. There's no mystery about why terrorists target these countries. I would argue that US/UK/France have been made less safe and secure, due to the endless aggression in the middle east.

In my work, I've been around US military contractors, and I've seen how some peoples eyes beam with excitement about the prospect for more war. Around the time aggression towards Syria started (2017) I remember some of the contractors being very excited, even jumpy. It's because they know there's $$$$$ coming their way.

Absolutely sick people.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Actually I was CMF member 1.5 years before you 😁 and since you joined, you spewing pro-Islamists and anti-Semitic rhetoric
I think you're pretty good at anti-semitic rhetoric too. You sure write a lot of things that can bring harm to immigrants and cultural groups of all kinds, including harm to Jewish people.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm curious as to what your memories of the day itself are as you seem to have skipped that part and jumped to the aftermath.
I was in university, but was at home at the time. I watched the whole thing on TV... and I started getting pretty anxious.

I remember the uncertainty on that day. Perhaps these were a series of attacks, and I thought a Canadian target could easily be next. Were we going to declare or join a war? Would the country be in a state of war by the end of the day?

·
Registered
12,035 Posts
I agree completely. But I also suspect that bringing them western democracy was never the real intention.

One reason I hate these wars is that I'm pretty sure they are make-work projects. They are intended to create work for American, British, and French industries.

And then the terrorists are even more motivated to attack the US, UK and France. There's no mystery about why terrorists target these countries. I would argue that US/UK/France have been made less safe and secure, due to the endless aggression in the middle east.

In my work, I've been around US military contractors, and I've seen how some peoples eyes beam with excitement about the prospect for more war. Around the time aggression towards Syria started (2017) I remember some of the contractors being very excited, even jumpy. It's because they know there's $$$$$ coming their way.

Absolutely sick people.
What a BS! Islamic terrorist attacks were also in France, Austria, Spain, even New Zealand, Kenia, Mozambic and so on so on ...
You advise that All World should pretend that there are no Islamic terrorism and just bury the victims

21 - 26 of 26 Posts